Matty Cash

paul514

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We might have a fair few players at the World Cup.  Might be worth getting the sticker album.

I think currently the following would be considered very likely or definites to go:

• Martinez (Argentina)
  • Coutinho (Brazil) - if he stays beyond summer
  • Mings (England)
  • McGinn (Scotland) - if they beat Ukraine in June or Ukraine don't take part 
  • Cash (Poland)
  • Digne (France)

Then these are maybes and probably reliant on injuries and/or upsurge in form IMO:

• Watkins, Ramsey (England)
  • Buendia (Argentina)
  • Luiz (Brazil)

So as many as 10 may go but I'm thinking it's more likely 7 or 8 (although that doesn't include anyone we may buy this summer, e.g. Phillips). Still a good number and for some very good sides, if England f up then anyone of France, Brazil or Argentina will be worth backing with the Villa players in the squad.

Back on topic, really pleased for Cash. Been one of our better players this season when many have failed to turn up and shows it was worth switching from England to Poland given he's likely to be a starter for them, even if they do struggle to get out of their group. 

25 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Matty is a nickname

I should’ve been more specific. Matty, to me, is just an alternate first name. I meant a “silly” nickname. Like Polish Cafu but one that doesn’t bother @Tom13. Like Matty “Cold Hard” Cash, or like the ones others have recently posted.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I should’ve been more specific. Matty, to me, is just an alternate first name. I meant a “silly” nickname. Like Polish Cafu but one that doesn’t bother @Tom13. Like Matty “Cold Hard” Cash, or like the ones others have recently posted.

I like Matty Cold Hard Cash actually, sounds a bit WWE esque.

• Thanks 1

Â