Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Archer was my motm but Bidace was the player I was more excited about. 

I’ve said it before about Bidace, I like his confidence and he’s direct. Would be brilliant if 3/4 of the young lads become 1st team regulars. Would be great for the youth set up and save the club over £100m if we were to sign similar players.

That assist for Archer's third reminded me of the kind of vision you'd expect from a compilation of Ronaldinho's great assists. I also a agree that he has very good movement, reads the game very well which is probably why he gets a lot of goals.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We don't need to be spunking £35m on Damsgaard when we've got this kid.

Like Chukwuemeka, he makes the game look so easy.

I keep reading Damsgaard being mentioned on Villa Talk. Have we actually been properly linked with him?

and very well played JPB!

He's great. First half and end of second he was really good. Until his assist for Archers 3rd though he was trying a bit too hard to get on the scoresheet himself.

I can get why but put a very slight dampener on it for me as think he'd have had a couple more assists and look even better if he'd calmed down a bit.

But a good performance, certainly due some minutes Vs Brentford, very promising

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I said it last season, for me this kid is the pick of the crop.

He is going to really progress quickly this season.

He's ace. I love him. But he's one of a group of 6 or 7 (or more) exceptional young players with Carney as the Crown jewel. But, that's just my opinion. JPB is an amazing player. Very excited to see him come through and kick on.

Just now, Mazrim said:

He's ace. I love him. But he's one of a group of 6 or 7 (or more) exceptional young players with Carney as the Crown jewel. But, that's just my opinion. JPB is an amazing player. Very excited to see him come through and kick on.

Agreed, so much depth of quality in the youth. I'm not knocking Carney who is very good but for me there is just something about JPB that makes me he is the one that will break through the quickest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Agreed, so much depth of quality in the youth. I'm not knocking Carney who is very good but for me there is just something about JPB that makes me he is the one that will break through the quickest.

I agree. I think both have the ability, clearly, but JPB seems to have the attitude and hunger to make it happen for himself this season. Not saying Carney has a bad attitude, not at all, but with JPB I just feel like he is desperate to make it happen. Also think it helps as a winger as you can be a bit more luxury whilst you're learning. Carney doesn't quite bust a gut in the way Dean likes midfielders to do so think he'll come through a bit slower

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree. I think both have the ability, clearly, but JPB seems to have the attitude and hunger to make it happen for himself this season. Not saying Carney has a bad attitude, not at all, but with JPB I just feel like he is desperate to make it happen. Also think it helps as a winger as you can be a bit more luxury whilst you're learning. Carney doesn't quite bust a gut in the way Dean likes midfielders to do so think he'll come through a bit slower

I agree re his position, that is a big part of my thinking.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Carney still looks like he could be another level for me. You have to remember he is two years younger than JPB as well.  Both of them fabulous talents.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, useless said:

That assist for Archer's third reminded me of the kind of vision you'd expect from a compilation of Ronaldinho's great assists. I also a agree that he has very good movement, reads the game very well which is probably why he gets a lot of goals.

100% There’s a really good footballing brain in there to see that pass.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Carney still looks like he could be another level for me. You have to remember he is two years younger than JPB as well.  Both of them fabulous talents.

I'm not talking about the ceiling for their ability, more time scales and as you say age (along with position) is a factor in that.

• Like 1

Â