Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

Just now, John said:

I laugh at the face of that sort of danger! :D More seriously, I would be over the moon, if 1 or 2 of them, were in our first team in 3-4 years time.  

image.jpeg.7dd08381363ab262633dce225c69034d.jpeg

ok what I meant is that the thinking is - "in 20/25 our transfer budget can be zero because we signed all those sixteen year olds a few years back"   (exaggerating - but you get the point)  

• Like 1

I’d never heard of him or our interest until 3 minutes ago. Sounds like we’re going about things in the right way and revitalising our academy, time will tell but it’s pleasing to see none-the-less. 

Welcome to Villa, the lad who’s name I’ve already forgot! 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Teams are buying highly rated youngsters all the time. I wouldn’t get to excited about it.

Some similar quotes on the first few page's of Jacks thread, Let's hope this is the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Someone told me the  rules were changing from next year , hence everyone is going crazy signing young players at the moment .

Time will tell if it works , but on paper we should be Champions in around 10 months at this rate

You were close. I’ve adjusted a little.

apparently he had a trial at Chelsea in mid 2019, true or not?

He also apparently had a trial at Liverpool and Southampton?

Did we win out over those?, or did they just not follow up the initial interest?

Edited by MaVilla

This youngster has already played first team football for Exeter, and trained and played for the likes of Man CIty, Chelsea and Bayern Munich. No guarantee that he will make it as a senior pro, but the signs are good.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've spent a lot of money redeveloping the academy to the point where it's now a top six facility, we've invested heavily in staff across a number of levels in our youth set up and we're spending a lot of money bringing in talented kids - it might be that none of them break into the first team and become a star, but we're doing everything you could possibly hope for in terms of maximising our chances. 

Chrisene looks a tall rangy kid and I look forward to seeing him play. 

Welcome and good luck!

What does that mean? 

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

another overrated young kid to add to our other overrated young kids. Only time will tell 

But you've already labeled him as overrated thou :D 

Whilst at Exeter he was invited to train with those youth teams, and in some cases played in games for them, I read somewhere that he played for Chelsea's U16s when they beat ours 10-2. Some will probably turn that on it's head and try and claim it as a negative because those clubs didn't sign him, but I think some of them tried as stated in the initial reports, he just decided to join us instead, maybe feels he has a better chance of eventually breaking into the first team wiith us.

Edited by useless

Â