Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Why do fanbases get so ridiculously rattled when we beat them lately? Weirdly, the only ones that didn't were City fans.

Had a look at the reaction of some Brentford fans online and on social media, and the vitriol that they're throwing at Ollie is a bit baffling. Some even suggesting that he's trying to tarnish the reputation of their club (I didn't realise they were such saints?).

We don't yet know what the fan in question was shouting at him. He probably gets some level of abuse every game, as pretty much all players do from some opposition fans, but this guy must have been saying some really nasty shit for him to react like that. 

Just now, JoshVilla said:

Why do fanbases get so ridiculously rattled when we beat them lately? Weirdly, the only ones that didn't were City fans.

Had a look at the reaction of some Brentford fans online and on social media, and the vitriol that they're throwing at Ollie is a bit baffling. Some even suggesting that he's trying to tarnish the reputation of their club (I didn't realise they were such saints?).

We don't yet know what the fan in question was shouting at him. He probably gets some level of abuse every game, as pretty much all players do from some opposition fans, but this guy must have been saying some really nasty shit for him to react like that. 

Was mentioning his mother apparently. I dread to think what was said/how he said it. Fair play Ollie.

Edited by Tom13

7 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I think its maybe something to do with their 5th defeat in 6 leaving them clutching at straws. But their responses as you say are borderline insane.  That he is just trying to deflect away from celebrating in front of them. That they made his career and that he isnt as good as he thinks he is... mentalists the lot of em 

Hilarious overreaction from the Brentford fans (at least the ones on their forums). Bunch of whiny crybabies.

I even saw one poster claiming Brentford have a “no dickheads” policy - how they square that with having Mee and Maupay in their team I don’t know.

Anyway, should just emphasise to Ollie that he should stay where he’s loved. Here.

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Hilarious overreaction from the Brentford fans (at least the ones on their forums). Bunch of whiny crybabies.

I even saw one poster claiming Brentford have a “no dickheads” policy - how they square that with having Mee and Maupay in their team I don’t know.

Anyway, should just emphasise to Ollie that he should stay where he’s loved. Here.

"No dickheads policy, except for two of the biggest in the world."

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Don't understand all of the pearl-clutching.  It's over 3 years since he left the club, for  large profit, which helped them reinvest and get promoted. He didn't even start his career there, it was at Exeter.

Ollie's generally a quiet and reserved guy - that's noted among even his own teammates and other staff interviews.

So they must have been saying some vile shit to get him going.

All players hear a lot of things - and he's probably going to hear it more if he continues his red hot form and as if we continue in this title race.

But I back him doing a point in the crowd after scoring the winner.

• Like 1

Â