Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

On 07/12/2023 at 11:48, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His new hairstyle looked good (this is coming from a man who has had two hairstyles in my life so take my feedback with a pinch of salt, Ollie).

I can only assume he was forced to do it after seeing the dreadful cartoon of him that Villa sent out by email yesterday. I think it's safe to assume that Doug will shave off his beard next.

Screenshot2023-12-06at09_16_55.jpg.62bcc30f6ee4f5b9a1fbc13c66b5309f.jpg 

He did actually say recently that his hair sticking out might not be helping with the offside calls so maybe that was the thinking behind the new trim 😅

• Haha 1

On 05/12/2023 at 00:42, Don_Simon said:

He says that, knowing full well, the actual answer is himself.

I think Dougie is the best player in our squad - BUT, in my experience, there’s nothing players value more than being the guy who puts the ball in the net more than anyone else.

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think Dougie is the best player in our squad - BUT, in my experience, there’s nothing players value more than being the guy who puts the ball in the net more than anyone else.

It's not Dougie or Ollie as much as I love them.

It's Emi and it's not even close.

• Like 2

This is sort of Ollie related in that you can win his match shirt and it’s being done for charity:

Win Ollie Watkins’ shirt

We are raising money to support our Dementia Cafe - a project that offers people living with dementia an opportunity to engage in activities

by Aston Villa Foundation in Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom

• Like 3

On 11/12/2023 at 06:22, Vancvillan said:

In a different life I studied worked in statistics for a fair amount of time. I'll just say your suspicions are well placed.

I lost faith in it when I found out it doesn't take who has the chance into account 

• Like 1

xG should be used as a broader picture, not a nailed on statistic. It's obviously incomplete as it doesn't take into account a host of different factors.

Ollie currently has a career high in xG and npxG per 90 and is closing the gap on G-xG (goals minus expected goals) which is the equivalent of being clinical. He's currently at -0.3 G-xG and he's been at 0 to -1 during his time at Villa.

In contrast, Haaland has outperformed his G-xG throughout his career but is posting a pedestrian (for him) -0.6 so far this year.

• Like 1

Watkins went immediately to Franck at the end of the game and was visibly explaining to him his celebration and pointing out the same area of fans.

I anticipate he'll come out and explain at some point shortly as he clearly wants it known it was an individual and not to the Brentford fans themselves

• Like 2

A side of Ollie I don't think we've ever seen, must have been getting some proper stick :lol: Love it though, that's what we need. 

As good as the moment was though the rest of the team completely lost their heads after it which wasn't ideal. 

• Like 2

Brentford fans over at Griffin Park Grapevine being proper nobs about this.

"f ollie watkins ruined his legacy at brentford."

"A broken leg for him before the Euros would give me a bit of satisfaction."

"Watkins ain't the brightest. Watch some of his interviews. Thick as cow dung"

https://griffinpark.org/forums/threads/ollie-watkins-aston-villa.134143/page-25

• Haha 3

Â