Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No not villa, groups full of Leeds, Everton, wolves, Newcastle, baggies, utd, Liverpool fans 

One or two bluenoses but they don't tend to say much of anything if I'm honest, they've lost the will to live 😂

Ahh that makes more sense, would’ve surprised me otherwise.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

B…b…but… Ollie doesn’t have a first touch?!

one swallow doesnt make a summer.

But i will say, he is playing like the player we would like to see at Villa, but havent for quite a while.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

one swallow doesnt make a summer.

But i will say, he is playing like the player we would like to see at Villa, but havent for quite a while.

He was outstanding against Saints 3 weeks ago. 

I agree to an extent though, it’s his consistency this season that’s fallen off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only just seen the score, seems Villa won!

I'm throwing Jack in for the asist too lol.

How did Ollie play overall?

he didnt play too bad at all, exactly the type of performance we would like to see with Villa, but havent for a while.....

(was nothing amazing, but did the basics well, the odd good touch and lay off, and took a tap in)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Cant do any more than that. After Kane, who else is there to compete with, Calvert Lewin?

Tammy

But then the drop off is huge, out of Ollie, DCL and Bamford surely the detractors on here have Ollie top of that pile? He's comfortably better than those 2 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tammy

But then the drop off is huge, out of Ollie, DCL and Bamford surely the detractors on here have Ollie top of that pile? He's comfortably better than those 2 

Yeah it's Kane first and Tammy second. Ollie would probably be third choice now I'd say certainly ahead of Bamford and probably ahead of Calvert Lewin for now. 

That's only because he's had a poor season. If the Ollie of last season had turned up this season I reckon he may even be ahead of Tammy or certainly competing with him. Needs to try to get that form back to force himself into that world cup squad, did well tonight at least. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah it's Kane first and Tammy second. Ollie would probably be third choice now I'd say certainly ahead of Bamford and probably ahead of Calvert Lewin for now. 

That's only because he's had a poor season. If the Ollie of last season had turned up this season I reckon he may even be ahead of Tammy or certainly competing with him. Needs to try to get that form back to force himself into that world cup squad, did well tonight at least. 

Going OT here

last summer kane was on one leg at the start of the tournament, he was poor and looked nowhere near fit, yet he started, he played, when he did get subbed it was late in the game for attacking midfielders, DCL didn't get a sniff, not even close, if he's not getting a game under those circumstances then he won't ever get a game 

If Southgate calls him up again he's a **** joke, he should be done

Easy to say it with the villa specs on but Bamford genuinely looked like a prize winner in his cap, he was way off the pace 

• Like 2

Southgate was asked if he was happy with Ollie’s performance and replied that Ollie would be happy with his goal. Sounded a bit lukewarm to me. Was a strange Interview all round though really, didn’t really lavish praise on anyone. Seemed pretty annoyed that Maguire had been booed so was maybe preoccupied by that.

• Like 1

Â