Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, villalad21 said:

Very good again.

Horrible to say but the Ings injury has been a bit of a blessing in disguise.

Yep. I’m inclined to agree albeit I think Ings would have been benched anyway.

I think we’re a better side with Watkins up top on his own flanked by either two 10’s or two wingers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we’re a better side with Watkins up top on his own flanked by either two 10’s or two wingers.

I just think he is the type of character who wants to be the main man.

Whenever I've seen him play in a pair with Ings it just doesn't seem like he is having it at all.

His body language is completely different in a 1 striker system.

9 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

Dont blame him for not passing to CAsh tbh, Cash's final ball/shooting was abysmal all game. Plus he scored in a similar scenario couple of weeks back.

Another very good performance from him, so vital to our team 

As much as I wanted him to pass to cash. If youre a striker in that position you have to take the shot on. I was more annoyed he didn't score, he should have done better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only 74.2% pass completion. That's worse than Buendia. Classic case of people wanting him to be good because of transfer fee 😏

What kind of moron uses pass completion as a metric to measure a central striker?

Classic case of someone who doesn’t understand the game. 

22 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

Dont blame him for not passing to CAsh tbh, Cash's final ball/shooting was abysmal all game. Plus he scored in a similar scenario couple of weeks back.

Another very good performance from him, so vital to our team 

I am. Has to pass when someone is that open. Same as the Bailey situation the other week.

Better players make better decisions and pass in both scenarios. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree.

Ings just dosen't press that well compared to Ollie which is odd considering he looked o.k playing in Southampton's system although guess Che Adams did a good bulk of the workrate.

Few weeks back thought only way it could work was Ollie going out wide but he's proved his point in recent times he's still best CF at club for what we need from whoever plays it.

Ings will just have to get used to a few games on the bench and then get a start or two over xmas perhaps as Chelsea-Leeds is 48 hour turnaround but hard currently to see long term how he fits in here.

46 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only 74.2% pass completion. That's worse than Buendia. Classic case of people wanting him to be good because of transfer fee 😏

You and your stats. Honestly, you have to start actually watching the games more. You can prove or disprove pretty much any theory with stats. 

19 minutes ago, Thug said:

I was furious that he didn’t lay it off.

until I realised it was cash and not Buendia.

then I thought ‘good choice.’

Not really. Watching it unfold from the Holte End Cash had a ridiculous amount of space. Ollie needs to play Cash in there, regardless of being a CF. Poor poor decision as he F***** it up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Not really. Watching it unfold from the Holte End Cash had a ridiculous amount of space. Ollie needs to play Cash in there, regardless of being a CF. Poor poor decision as he F***** it up. 

The worst thing about it was the shot he actually had, saw someone say about the goal he scored and yep he bent that in to the far corner, tonight he seemed to try and cut it across his body and hit it low and hard to the near post

That was never ever on, the replay they showed from behind the goal not only was the defender there to block it Schmeichel was all over it too, he read it and was ready for it

He misses chances obviously but its not that often that you see Ollie out right make a bad decision with his finishing but that was definitely one 

Â