Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Does this guy eat cement?

Honestly one of the worst striker performances I’ve seen in years. So slow, zero control, petulant. Has to be dropped and needs to sort himself out. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Led the line well. Worked tirelessly. 

I won't fault his workrate, he ran a lot, but frankly, I think he was shit, and it's Ings' spot to lose from here on in, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I won't fault his workrate, he ran a lot, but frankly, I think he was shit, and it's Ings' spot to lose from here on in, IMO.

Being as Ings didn't even come off the bench, I don't think Stevie G thinks it your way. He loves Watkins. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Being as Ings didn't even come off the bench, I don't think Stevie G thinks it your way. He loves Watkins. 

Gerrard mentioned he wasn't 100% and he was benched to protect him. I'll be surprised if he's not leading the line next week after today's performance. "He loves Watkins", give me strength.

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Terrible as per usual. I have no idea why Ings seems to be the fall guy out of the pair. 

to be fair im sure i read that Gerrard said that he was managing a niggle with Ings for this match.

• Like 1

He didn't even have a shot.

I don't take stats as gospel, but whoscored have him as the lowest rated player in our team of our starters, and I can't disagree with it. 

He ran the channels well, but did little else. It's not a vendetta, I'd love him to return to his form  last season, but right now, he doens't justify keeping Ings on the bench.

Watkins, I like him player last season, as impressive with his finisher and pace, quick, pop very good position to potential goal chance often due his work rate and press.

This Season I didn't like him as more and lose my respect .. due he down so easy small contact and down, and look at ref, paused let ball go. Is he read the new rules small nog down is not automatic award foul cos new rules want ref more flow games. This is a REASON he not give award pen when he want or applied a pen.  he need is stand up and be man, shot until actually foul and rough on him to get attention foul.

better than he hold and lose ball by lose control or give space easy to win ball and foul him same time, down soft, straightforward refuse foul by ref.

Also when hold ball he is often give very easy take off his ball as not shield enough. it is happen lots latest.

Ings in next games Watkins bench, let them fight for a starter. it is will be good for push each other.

if both poor so we SHOULD turn to Archer to hand his first start premiership to see how he handle it (maybe good idea vs Leicester or yet best suggest to start against for Burnley or Norwich games.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s almost like some fans have made their mind up about a players performance before kick off. I must see things differently. Was he great ? No.  Did he do an ok job, sure. Maybe he has set his own standard too high. 

Indeed, he pressed well got into goalscoring opportunities, got behind the defence, and should have won atleast 2 penalties  

• Like 1

People saying he was good baffles me. A god half yard behind every defensive player in terms of pace, wasted every attack he was involved in, can’t keep the ball, none of those “fouls” were fouls. Just awful today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've seen a couple of people mention a DOGSO, and I have no idea which moment they're talking about.

When Kouyate slid in on him from behind, yes Mitchel was covering (ish) but the ref was happy to send luiz off for sticking his ass in the way

Â