Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

The header being marginally offside took away from the fact that it was an excellent finish regardless. The winner was absolute quality from him too obviously, great link up play and the take and finish was the same thing Haaland was being rightly lauded for yesterday.

If only he wasn't so bizarrely poor at penalties. In the hypothetical world he was good at them and you gave him Luiz' ones from this season he'd already be on 10 goals in the league. Only Trippier and Neto with more assist than him too.

For someone who can’t finish, he sure does have a lot of goals. 

If he can put together some braces against the relegation teams, every chance he hits 20 league goals. 15 should be nailed on.

When’s the last time a Villa player hit 20 league goals. Benteke got 19 one season but before that, did Yorke ever? Withe?

17 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

For someone who can’t finish, he sure does have a lot of goals. 

If he can put together some braces against the relegation teams, every chance he hits 20 league goals. 15 should be nailed on.

When’s the last time a Villa player hit 20 league goals. Benteke got 19 one season but before that, did Yorke ever? Withe?

Withe 1981 with 20 goals. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Incredible goal. Top top top level finish. Loved it.

Thought he was really poor aside from that :lol:

If he stops getting in his own head and flubbing the ball under minimal pressure, he'll be one of the better strikers in the world finishing like that.

Use the confidence that goal gives you now Ollie!

But he doesn't let the flubbing get to him. As evidenced by the goal he scored 4 minutes after having fallen over his own feet.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2023 at 04:31, Villan_of_oz said:

Doesn't score enough goals, isn't clinical enough, can't trust him to lead the line, isn't good enough to help us progess.....

Oh these aren't my thoughts, just some of the more absurd things continually said against the best striker we have had in a long time.

Still relevant!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

How many in total is that for Watkins this season? I tried to look but I get bogged down in xg and other tat I'm not interested in.

That’s 7 in the league this season. In all competitions he’s up to 12.

For what it’s worth, 7 goals is the most he’s got for us after 13 games (arbitrary amount of goals and games there).

In previous seasons it’s taken him between 17 and 23 games to reach 7.

Too much to hope he reaches 20 league goals AND gets more than Yorke’s 25 goals in all competitions during 1995/96? :ph34r:

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That’s 7 in the league this season. In all competitions he’s up to 12.

For what it’s worth, 7 goals is the most he’s got for us after 13 games (arbitrary amount of goals and games there).

In previous seasons it’s taken him between 17 and 23 games to reach 7.

Too much to hope he reaches 20 league goals AND gets more than Yorke’s 25 goals in all competitions during 1995/96? :ph34r:

If he keeps fit then i think he will do it easy. 12 so far in a 3rd of the season. Plus we have our left side to come back in properly and JJ had a great understanding with him the second half of last season. 

• Like 1

How he got that ball out of his feet and then direct the shot goalwards was mightily impressive. He has an uncanny ability to get the shot away: I think this and his tenacity makes him so hard to defend. 

What I like this season is that he's scoring a huge variety of goals: from one of his usual tap ins after he has found space against Brighton to the one against Spam where he puts his laces through the ball or the shot from a tight angle where he has no right to score against Chelsea. 

Â