Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

11 goals and 5 assists in all comps. I think he'll end the season with around 30 and 15 which would be incredible.

He's touch and go for breaking 20 PL goals this season at his current scoring rate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

11 goals and 5 assists in all comps. I think he'll end the season with around 30 and 15 which would be incredible.

20 and 10 would be great. Imagine he’ll have some run of games where he’s hitting it at the keeper again. 

17 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The miss can happen to anyone. Watch this video, some of the biggest names the PL has seen.

Glad he got another goal today to add to his tally, he’s still roughly on course to get 20 league goals this season, could even end up with as many as 30 in all comps.

The Kanu one actually defies all scientific logic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We'll probably play between 50-60 games this season. It's in his wheelhouse. He's had a similar ratio last season. He's already above it this season.

30 goals and 15 assists in say 55 games is a lot better ratio than 16 goals and 6 assists in 40.

18 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The miss can happen to anyone. Watch this video, some of the biggest names the PL has seen.

Glad he got another goal today to add to his tally, he’s still roughly on course to get 20 league goals this season, could even end up with as many as 30 in all comps.

The state of some of those pitches... you forget how bad they used to get.

Uneven bounces and bobbles definitely to blame for some of those.

Watkins looked like he was trying to generate power to send it goalwards and in doing so got his timing wrong. Connected with the ball too late and that was that. 

It's easy to say he could have chested it and placed it, but he's been ridiculed for taking too many touches before. Probably been told to be more confident and take an option when it presents itself rather than add more touches and more variability to the outcome. 

Wasn't as easy as it looked, but definitely still should have scored. 

Ollie doing Ollie things again though,  he'll both score and miss with regularity, and there won't be any logic as to which outcome we get. 

Think his hold up + lay off play has been really good this year, especially some of his link up with Diaby. He used to be very predictable in his hold ups and would try to carry it too much but he's been very good at finding the wide outlet and then arriving in the box to make sure he's in the right position.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Forgot that he was the one that did the great defensive header from the corner which led to the 3rd goal he scored. Ran the whole pitch. Manager's dream.

This phase of play sums up what Ollie's all about, Superb player, offers so much to the team.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

This phase of play sums up what Ollie's all about, Superb player, offers so much to the team.

I have only noticed it this season but he is fcking brilliant defending his own goal. I guess he used to be left up the field on his own ready to break with previous managers  

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I have only noticed it this season but he is fcking brilliant defending his own goal. I guess he used to be left up the field on his own ready to break with previous managers  

With the loss of Mings, he’s one of our more aggressive headers of the ball and has taken the front post responsibility on corners. 

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Defends the front post on corners like Drogba used to do

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He’s always been good at it we just didn’t need his presence as much as Mings was always the main player to attack the ball. 

Â