Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Delighted with this news!  He's incredibly underrated by our own fans and the neutrals.  I would love nothing more than Ollie to end up being our all time leading Premier League goal scorer ahead of that waste of space Gabby.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He just needs to knock that plank off our top scorer spot 

Then get himself up the Children's Hospital at Christmas and beat a 6 year old at KerPlunk, just to rub it in. 

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Brilliant news, really happy he’s signed. Both for him and for us.

I’m also very happy we’re in a position where it’s very rare for us to lose our best players. Things have changed a lot since NSWE took over!

The only 2 we have lost that we didnt want to were ironically villa academy graduates who had been at the club since childhood. 

Emi Konsa Ty Luiz McGinn JJ and now Watkins all signed long term deals in the last 18 months. 

Its brilliant off field management. 

4 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Why’s everyone hating on Gabby? Just curious

Man took massive wages for 3 years when the club almost went bankrupt and couldn't be bothered to get himself fit to play football. And the club really really were a whisker away from the abyss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This says everything about where we are as a club right now. The owners have reawakened the sleeping Giant that was Aston Villa. The same way Saunders created that mentality of what Aston Villa should mean to any player having the privilege of wearing those beautiful colours. Our owners have done exactly the same by the ambition they have shown and most of all, finally recruiting a manager that matches their ambition and also realises the success and achievements that us as Villa fans so desperately want to see. 

Luiz, McGinn, Konsa and now, most importantly of all, our striker. It's a massive statement, from someone who firmly believes that all his dreams can be realised here with us. These players know they're heading somewhere very special, and us as fans, get to enjoy the ride.

Absolutely buzzing. Had a gut feeling about an hour ago, went to BBC Football and what do you know!

• Like 2

On 05/10/2023 at 13:42, Leeroy said:

Ornstein says he has made England squad. Well deserved and let's hope he takes his chance if Southgate actually plays him.

I'm guessing no place for Konsa though and Slabhead probably taking up a space again. Ramsey's injury troubles probably ruled him out.

I wonder whether it is a coincidence that he re-signed with us after being called up to England. Think it is just so so important for players to be called up to national teams to keep them. It is part of why Grealish left us too, (he was being called up but hardly being used) 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I wonder whether it is a coincidence that he re-signed with us after being called up to England. Think it is just so so important for players to be called up to national teams to keep them. It is part of why Grealish left us too, (he was being called up but hardly being used) 

Grealish's career, since he left us, has dropped down, he's won the league a few cups bla bla, his profile has dropped, it shows Ollie why he should sign for us, we're just a far bigger club than manchity will ever be, despite the cups, their still shite.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Great news! Would be interesting to know how long and what wages.

Who is the one to left?

5 year contract, runs til 2028.

No idea on wages but our main goal scorer or CF deserves to be amongst the top earners (we’ve wasted wages on far inferior or less effective players).

Guy on the left is Damian Vidagany, pretty much Unai’s right hand guy, was appointed Director of Football.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Grealish's career, since he left us, has dropped down, he's won the league a few cups bla bla, his profile has dropped, it shows Ollie why he should sign for us, we're just a far bigger club than manchity will ever be, despite the cups, their still shite.

He doesn't have to be "The Man" any more, but I'm sure he's happy with where he's at.

I'm happy with where he's at, also.

Anyway, this is an OW11 thread. Good job, Ollie, get paid.

Edited by 479Villan

Â