Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He got an assist, nearly a 2nd one for Cash. He probably should have connected better with another chance from Diaby. We also created a couple more good chances on Saturday

I don't think our attack is an issue. Havent we scored in all but one game under Unai

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He got an assist, nearly a 2nd one for Cash. He probably should have connected better with another chance from Diaby. We also created a couple more good chances on Saturday

I don't think our attack is an issue. Havent we scored in all but one game under Unai

Can only recall Man Utd and Wolves

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Saved a certain goal with a clearance off the line too (though the game was well beyond us by then).

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Saved a certain goal with a clearance off the line too (though the game was well beyond us by then).

That was a great save from Ollie. 

He's a confidence player isn't he. During our hot streak last season he showed he does have a first touch and the finesse to score goals so hopefully he'll get back on track with that. 1st half of the season he would often blast the ball at the keeper instead of trying a different technique. But weve seen he is capable. What I want to see from him this season is a bit more proactive in the box and gamble on those balls across goal. 

Probably my one disappointment of today, get the feeling with the penalty misses in pre season he's started this season with a lack of confidence and seems a step off in some of our counters/hold up play.

Didn't matter today but one thing's for sure that as the season progresses, we can't have the CF constantly rolling chances past the post when Diaby is setting them up perfectly.

Another assist today. He scores that chance if Pickford doesn't throw a roundhouse punch and a judo shin kick combo. Also, he is fit and still full of running. Goals will come, keep working Ollie. 

• Haha 1

Because Everton were so poor he won't get any credit for that game being far tougher than it looked

I thought Keane and Tarkowski spent the whole game having sly digs at him, every time the ball went up in the air they played the man, it was a proper battle

• Thanks 1

I still think he'll break the 20 goal mark this season - but he was poor today.  Gave the ball away too easily too often.  But hopefully he'll fix that next week with a couple of goals.  I think he'll enjoy playing with Zaniolo and Diaby.

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Looked to me like he didn't care about scoring today against a poor Everton team. Weird as I thought all strikers wanted to score.

Oh i didn’t get that vibe. One thing I’d never accuse Ollie of is not caring. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Looked to me like he didn't care about scoring today against a poor Everton team. Weird as I thought all strikers wanted to score.

He is just a frustrating player, one week he can be phenomenal, then the next week he is dire. 

But he works he socks off! 

• Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

Oh i didn’t get that vibe. One thing I’d never accuse Ollie of is not caring. 

Absolutely ☝️.  Slams into the post at full stretch, spends 15 seconds on ground, hops up and continues running full tilt til he is substituted. He cares, alot. We have a good one. 

• Like 3

he's just so poor technically, a couple of times where he gets the ball and starts a run, you just know he isnt going to pass it (as he doesnt have great vision), and he will just run in to a player and get dispossessed, 93rd min versus Brighton was a classic, and he did it a couple of times today also, he just isnt a technical player, playing in a team that tries to be technical.

He is a good striker, but a bit like Cash imo, his weaknesses are very much on show when he has some very technical players around him.

I dont dislike Watkins, he has a lot of strengths, but my lord is he technically poor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â