Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Really need to get a new contract signed. I can definitely see Arsenal or Chelsea in for him. Spurs too if Kane leaves. 

I believe Ollie is a boyhood Arsenal fan. 

But I have faith he's bought in to Villa and Emery, and will stick with us. 

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah just get the deal signed asap, arsenal is a worry as he's a fan. Get it done

Arsenal got £110 million knocking around?  That's the price before negotiations even get serious. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Arsenal got £110 million knocking around?  That's the price before negotiations even get serious. 

Whether we sell or not, I'd rather just end the conversation before it starts, we could refuse to sell but he'd have his head turned.

5 or 6 year deal now on proper money now and we can avoid the whole conversation and focus on our own future signings.

Ollie is the best striker we've had this century, and Im a big fan of some of those strikers I'm putting him above.

King Unai and Prince Ollie destroying kingdoms wherever they travel.

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yep he won't like being forced to call him on merit now. 

But it's his fault for always being 1 step behind. Remember the calls for Jack and he just wouldn't until it became impossible to leave him out. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ollie is the best striker we've had this century, and Im a big fan of some of those strikers I'm putting him above.

King Unai and Prince Ollie destroying kingdoms wherever they travel.

Watkins is on absolutely brilliant form but I'd still rather have Benteke on top form, I think. But it's very close.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ollie is so good at the moment, but as much as he is confident, strong and tenacious, I think the form is also due to the fact that in the system Unai plays, Moreno, JJ, Buendia and McGinn know where and when he is going to make the runs. Saw loads of 'no look' passes today. They don't need to see the runs, they just know they are going to be made. That's all down to Unai, and the masses of preparation they are doing now. I'm convinced of it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Watkins is on absolutely brilliant form but I'd still rather have Benteke on top form, I think. But it's very close.

In his prime for us Benteke was an absolute beast. Prime Tekkers in this Unai side would be unplayable.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I can see this. Tekkers at his best could do it all on his own. Probably the best striker, perhaps bar Yorke I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. And in no way does that denigrate Ollie at the moment. The fact that they are being talked of together is a massive complement to Watkins.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The goals? He's always scored goals.

The assist and running. He's always done that.

Can we please talk about his touch. Can we please talk about his one touch lay offs, his crisp killing of the ball for runners when fired into him

Oh lawd. One of the most complete performances I've ever seen

First touch and wastefulness has improved so much over the last 15 games. Vast improvement in he's weakest areas, has turned him in to a monster. 

Was the definition of unplayable today 

• Like 1

Ollie is thriving on being the main man. We saw what happened when Ings came in, it messed with Ollie's head and his form dropped.

I kind of worry about what happens if we sign some fancy foreign striker this summer. Will it get in his head again?

Is Watkins-Duran-Archer sufficient? I think it might be and we could spend money on other positions.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I can see this. Tekkers at his best could do it all on his own. Probably the best striker, perhaps bar Yorke I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. And in no way does that denigrate Ollie at the moment. The fact that they are being talked of together is a massive complement to Watkins.

Yeah, exactly this. I think the thing that set him apart for me was the fact he could just create a goal out of pretty much nowhere, on top of doing all the other things a really top striker does (Gerrard would have loved him).

That said, Ollie's probably got a better engine and seems to be made out of indestructible adamantium, which Tekkers was very much not. But it's a huge mark of Ollie's quality that there's even a discussion to be had here.

• Like 1

Watkins immense again...

One of the highest in Shot Accuracy too of the top twenty in the PL. Watkins is the highest of the top ten scorers for accuracy.

BT really annoying though, after a few minutes of the game ending they were trying to sell him off to a "big club" and "should Villa be worried he gets taken away".

FFS.

Â