Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Fact remains that there were a couple of poor touches at least that led to us losing attacking momentum or losing an attack completely. Not difficult touches either. That's all I'm saying, if he could sort that out, he'd be even better.

Easy to respect opinions of people who can admit they were wrong. 

Ollie won several duels, more so than most strikers. His back to play ability has improved so much. He held up so well even for the second goal.

He is scoring goals, getting assists. He'd have more if not for great goalkeeping. He's missed a few chances, so does Haaland and Kane. He takes a bad touch here and then who doesn't running their arse off for 90 mins being so isolated. He played 60 minutes with no support, we got it to him and he helped get us three points. 

Ollie will be a star in our side for many years so time to get used to it 🙂

• Like 2

On the touches to be fair to him he was battling with coady and tarkowski, not an easy day for him and again he leads the line for us, it's not perfect but he gives them a game, stretches them, never going to win everything but does enough

And that's how he is every week scoring or not

Shame he didn't score his chance 1st half as the chest control was great, good keeping from pickford

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Glad to see he’s making me look a tit for writing him off. Also a penalty! I didn’t know we still got those??

I was shocked it wasn’t over turned, my biggest bug bare in football is “touching” the ball is winning it.    

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I have no idea where this form came from, but Ollie has been making me eat humble pie, and I f***ing love it. Come on Ollie!

Yep me too.  I’m still holding off eating the whole pie because I wanting to see it over an extended period and to see it’s not just form but I’m having a nibble of the pie so far and I love humble pie when it’s great for Villa overall.  I really hope it is here to stay and not just a run of form, that this is the really Ollie and not the player we saw for almost 18 months before that.  Only time will tell but I’m enjoying the current form.

• Like 4

Â