Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

True but Mitrovic has proven that you can still carry that forward into the Premier League. As well as other examples. Even in his first season here - Watkins was a lot better than now.

Watkins limitations were on show in his first season with us as well though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wilson chose Newcastle over us anyway so not much we could have done there.

Spending £30m on Watkins whilst Brentford spent a third of that on Toney is one to kick ourselves over though.

I think we wanted him the season Sherwood was manager. Great player Wilson but for injuries would have been right up there with ellite strikers. Watkins seems to be the fall guy. Cant blame the manager now so its all about Watkins. Yes he was shocking today but so was Ings and the rest of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Watkins limitations were on show in his first season with us as well though.

Yeah. But you have to admit that he hasn't kicked on with ample opportunities that he has been given. I think he has to play up front on his own or not at all.

39 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Gabby was really good at one point. 

Gabby was never any good - his pace masked his total inability.

I can say without any doubt he is one of the most tactically inept footballers I have ever witnessed.

The fact he down tools when we were in our hour of need tells you all you need to know.

The guy is a disgrace imo to Aston Villa. 80 odd goals in over 300 games is pathetic and this guy who has no self reflection thinks it makes him a Villa legend.

Gabby you are not and never will be 

• Like 1

My god the chances this guy has missed, probably be midtable with Gerrard if he could finish.

I think Emery will have a good look at him to start, but if he carries on missing simple chances I doubt he will last here. He's not the only one, but certainty a big part player in holding us back.

Â