Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I think Watkins is shite but I struggle to really criticise him today. The whole game plan was a joke. All we done was it hit long and hope he wins something, any striker would've struggled in that mess. 

Ollie is not a great athlete. His running gait is awkward and he's uncoordinated. 

And this season, his brain isn't always there.

I still really like Ollie...just not sure if he is the answer.

27 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

His touch is one of the worse I’ve seen, hope we can sell him in the summer, another crap performance from him 

We should be able to.  People outside the club think he’s better than he is (much like McGinn)

• Like 1

When he was at his best for us he was a real handful, winning duals, creating chances for himself and others.

At present he looks hopeless, weak, can't control the ball and is easily nullified.

He either needs to improve or he may need replacing, unfortunately.

There will come a point when the bad form excuse will have gone on for too long!

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He seems to have lost some of the drive to close people down that he had - he was a bully in the behind closed doors season, constantly getting at defenders and snatching the ball, he didn't give anyone any rest - whether he's bulked up too much or it's an attitude thing, we haven't seen as much of that - and we need to, because that covers up some of this technical deficiencies.

He had a first touch today that suggested his right leg was actually a semi-thawed chicken tied to the end of a golf club - it was shocking for a professional player - at times he looked like me. 

I like him, he always seems like a good egg, a decent teammate and someone who wants to do well, but watching him today is the first time I've really felt that he's not going to be good enough to go where we want to be.

His touch has been like that in a lot of games this season. Difficult to say what has happened but he’s not looked like a footballer for about 90% of our games this season. Not his all his fault today of course but he certainly part of the problem. 

• Like 1

Ollie's missing first touch and his lack of battling today, combined with an off colour Coutinho killed us today and prevented us moving up the pitch with the ball. 

Ben White was awful whenever the ball was near him today and Ollie should've had his pants down but didn't really look interested in making him pay.

White and Gabriel ate him alive in the first minute to his last minute 

He was poor but I also thought it was poor from Gerrard if I'm honest, our tactic seemed to be the idea that we would place a world class cross on the head of a player stood in between 2 CBs, to be fair to him young nearly did - Gabriel had a goal saving header which was brilliant defending - but we hit so many bad crosses his way it was never working, don't think there's many that would have been better upfront today, we were poor as an attacking unit 

Â