Academy General Topic

smetrov

First time I’ve seen Feeney, didn’t realise he was so tall. This kid will go to the very top, you can just tell, he has something about him. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

We have Paul Appiah on trial after you guys released him

Currently playing in a friendly for us against Notts County

Big lad not sure if it's his level though. Really rated Mitch Clark but seems he never kicked on.

• Like 1

I had a feeling Appiah could end with Leicester, they seem to love our released players, in recent years they've had Viktor Johansson, Mitch Clark, Lewis Brunt, Harry McKirdy was there for a while and now Appiah, Brad Burton had a trial game with them last summer against Stratford as well, that was also Brunt's initial trial game.

Appiah looks a decent prospect from what I've seen, can't say I've seen him have a bad game, even if Leicester don't take him on full-time I think he will get a decent move to another good academy.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

I had a feeling Appiah could end with Leicester, they seem to love our released players, in recent years they've had Viktor Johansson, Mitch Clark, Lewis Brunt, Harry McKirdy was there for a while and now Appiah, Brad Burton had a trial game with them last summer against Stratford as well, that was also Brunt's initial trial game.

Appiah looks a decent prospect from what I've seen, can't say I've seen him have a bad game, even if Leicester don't take him on full-time I think he will get a decent move to another good academy.

Speaking of Brunt, there are rumours he could be in our 25 man squad this season

We signed a U13 goalkeeper from Kidderminster's academy, had trials at West Brom as well. I think he will be a U14 next season.

First year scholars for next season should be announced soon as usually it's early July, will be interesting to see if we've brought in any new players, last season half them were new signings, of those James Wright, Jayden Barber, Finley Munroe, Kyrie Piere, Ajani Burchall, and Feeney already on professional contracts now.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We signed a U13 goalkeeper from Kidderminster's academy, had trials at West Brom as well. I think he will be a U14 next season.

First year scholars for next season should be announced soon as usually it's early July, will be interesting to see if we've brought in any new players, last season half them were new signings, of those James Wright, Jayden Barber, Finley Munroe, Kyrie Piere, Ajani Burchall, and Feeney already on professional contracts now.

Thanks again useless, how did you find out about the u13 goalkeeper? I am not doubting you, I am just curious

Kidderminster Harrier's academy twitter page tweeted about it, here's a little more information...

'Year Eight pupil Theo Houston has signed off the academic year, with the wonderful news that he will be playing Football for Aston Villa Academy next season. 

After being scouted at a local 6-a-side tournament in June, goalkeeper Theo was offered a trial at the Academy where he made a good impression and was quickly signed up for the forthcoming year by the Premier League Club. 

It’s been a busy sporting year for Theo who also had trials at West Bromwich Albion’s Football Academy as well as training with Herefordshire and Worcestershire’s County Tennis squad. '

RGWS

• Thanks 1

I think Proctor plays an age up for the U15s and sometimes a couple of ages up for the U16s, he's also done the same for England, so seems he's done very well since we signed him.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If Carney goes it will be a sad day for this thread

Our 2 biggest youth talents being taken by Man City and Barcelona.  That had been at Bodymoor Heath since 6 and 11 respectively. 

Trust me. Every parent with a promising kid will be battering our door down. 

One small step backwards . It will be a blip when measured against how good our academy is getting.

Didn't realise that the Premier league 2 has changed to an U-21 competition

From the start of the 2022/23 season, Premier League 2 will become an under-21 competition.

The amendment to the age limit, which was previously under-23, has been introduced as part of an ongoing review of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) to better align with the EFL Trophy and international competitions.

The rule change is designed to reflect the reality of the players in the competition, whose average is currently 19. 

Clubs will, however, be permitted to use five (previously three) over-age outfield players and one over-age goalkeeper, in order to transition from its under-23 format. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2648759

Â