Academy General Topic

smetrov

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If West Ham can bullshit their claim to a world cup we are definitley having Aston Villa euro 2022 u19 champions of the world 

Nah, hasn’t got the same ring to it. 

The manager nearly cost these lads tonight. He got his team selection completely wrong and it took him far too long to correct it, once he did England looked the better team, surprising that. Football is a simple game confused by idiots at times. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

The manager nearly cost these lads tonight. He got his team selection completely wrong and it took him far too long to correct it, once he did England look the better team, surprising that. Football is a simple game confused by idiots at times. 

Completely agree

But to be fair to him I think he had to rotate due to the fixtures and the heat and in doing so he's got himself in to a mess, didn't know his best midfield that's for sure

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree

But to be fair to him I think he had to rotate due to the fixtures and the heat and in doing so he's got himself in to a mess, didn't know his best midfield that's for sure

If you control midfield you will win the game, he knows his best midfield he just didn’t play it. He went with the team that finished the semi final, he might feel like he owned them for turning the game around, I don’t know, but it was a rookie mistake. No doubt he’s a good coach but coaching and managing are 2 different things. 

Edited by WHY

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Mad that a guy I used to have a drink with at Marco Polo and would got to Raves back in the early 90’s is the Kingpin of our academy, good lad H is. 

Marco Polos.. now that was a place. 

• Like 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Marco Polos.. now that was a place. 

Many a good night in there when I was a kid. Starting going in there when I was about 15. 

• Haha 1

Â