Academy General Topic

smetrov

Sonny Perkins has left West Ham, 18 year old AMC who is meant to be their best youth product in a few years, West Ham have released a statement claiming another club have tapped him up 

We were linked with him in the guardian a couple of weeks back but not seen any more since 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sonny Perkins has left West Ham, 18 year old AMC who is meant to be their best youth product in a few years, West Ham have released a statement claiming another club have tapped him up 

We were linked with him in the guardian a couple of weeks back but not seen any more since 

Wouldn't surprise me if he was tapped up by City, Chelsea etc and would be surprised if it were us.

Heard good things about him so would like to have him here at our academy

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he was tapped up by City, Chelsea etc and would be surprised if it were us.

Heard good things about him so would like to have him here at our academy

He's linked with us Leeds and spurs so far

I'd have us as 3rd on that list, Leeds most likely to do something daft if he wants huge wages, spurs the London draw but less likely to play him, us not necessarily needing him

This was back in early June but Matt Maher who has become one of the more reliable journalists for Villa information has said that we're not interested, his tweet was endorsed by Tommy Jordan who works for the club as communications director...

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's linked with us Leeds and spurs so far

I'd have us as 3rd on that list, Leeds most likely to do something daft if he wants huge wages, spurs the London draw but less likely to play him, us not necessarily needing him

👍

Dylan Mitchell signed his scholarship with us on Sunday, I think they're usually all done together, so I imagine our scholarship intakes for next season will be announced in the coming days, most other clubs have already announced theirs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Athletic say our academy provided 14 England internationals last season from U15 to U21 level and eight 'foreign internationals', only the top six provided more. Trying to work out who they were...

Proctor, Triston Rowe, Kadan Young, Feeney, Barber, Patterson, Iroegbunam, Carney Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey,Philogene-Bidace, Kesler-Hayden, Jacob Ramsey, Archer

That's thirteen, Sam Lewis has also played for England U16 but can't remember if that was last season or the season before, Alexander Hammond, Ashton McWilliams, Max Lott, and Ben Broggio were all called up by England U15s last season as well, could be more next season as our U14s that did very well will be moving up an age group and maybe some of them will come into contention.

The foreign call-ups must Tyreik Wright, Sinisalo, Swinkels, Bogarde, Smith, Zych, Aaron O'Reilly, Omari Kellyman

Marshall i think 

Theres some that missed out as well like Barry and Chrisene . And i would think they will be taking a look at Tommi OReilly soon 

Edited by MWARLEY2

Forgot about Marschall, it's more than fourteen then as Broggio definitely played for the U15s, I think Hammond did as well or he has done previously, Lott and McWilliams should count as well, as getting called up to the training camps is an achievement and international recognition even if they don't get capped.

Pretty sure than Chrisene would have been with the U19s if it wasn't for injuries as well, and Barry was a regular with that group up until under eighteen level, so he has a chance of getting back in there with regular game time.

Next season will also have Wilson and Simpson playing for Scotland.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Forgot about Marschall, it's more than fourteen then as Broggio definitely played for the U15s, I think Hammond did as well or he has done previously, Lott and McWilliams should count as well, as getting called up to the training camps is an achievement and international recognition even if they don't get capped.

Pretty sure than Chrisene would have been with the U19s if it wasn't for injuries as well, and Barry was a regular with that group up until under eighteen level, so he has a chance of getting back in there with regular game time.

Next season will also have Wilson and Simpson playing for Scotland.

Looking good for the future then! sure we will snap up the best talent from wba too 

6 hours ago, useless said:

Athletic say our academy provided 14 England internationals last season from U15 to U21 level and eight 'foreign internationals', only the top six provided more. Trying to work out who they were...

Proctor, Triston Rowe, Kadan Young, Feeney, Barber, Patterson, Iroegbunam, Carney Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey,Philogene-Bidace, Kesler-Hayden, Jacob Ramsey, Archer

That's thirteen, Sam Lewis has also played for England U16 but can't remember if that was last season or the season before, Alexander Hammond, Ashton McWilliams, Max Lott, and Ben Broggio were all called up by England U15s last season as well, could be more next season as our U14s that did very well will be moving up an age group and maybe some of them will come into contention.

The foreign call-ups must Tyreik Wright, Sinisalo, Swinkels, Bogarde, Smith, Zych, Aaron O'Reilly, Omari Kellyman

Would be good if a number of these guys are in the squad for tonight's game at Chasetown 

First time I’ve seen Feeney, didn’t realise he was so tall. This kid will go to the very top, you can just tell, he has something about him. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

Â