Academy General Topic

smetrov

I'm not sure if that date of birth is correct, as he played for our U15s a few times in a couple of tournaments towards the end of the season, around April and May time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure if that date of birth is correct, as he played for our U15s a few times in a couple of tournaments towards the end of the season, around April and May time.

So you think he’s an u16 for this coming season?

I think he will be a U16, but given he's already played for the U18s last season then I imagine there's a chance he could get some game time at that level next season, same with Broggio, and Lynch, and maybe a few others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he will be a U16, but given he's already played for the U18s last season then I imagine there's a chance he could get some game time at that level next season, same with Broggio, and Lynch, and maybe a few others.

I remember hyping up Easah Suliman, Mitchell Clark, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green, Callum O’Hare and Jake Doyle Hayes on here. None of them made it here, I think it shows how good a player has to be to make it at this football club. That’s not to say that a player won’t make it in the future, we might just have to wait a while 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember hyping up EVERY SINGLE YOUTH PRODUCT EVER on here. None of them made it here, I think it shows how good a player has to be to make it at this football club. That’s not to say that a player won’t make it in the future, we might just have to wait a while 

Right? ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember hyping up Easah Suliman, Mitchell Clark, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green, Callum O’Hare and Jake Doyle Hayes on here. None of them made it here, I think it shows how good a player has to be to make it at this football club. That’s not to say that a player won’t make it in the future, we might just have to wait a while 

Let’s not forget we were a shit show back when these guys were trying to break through. We are more organised and prepared for youth integration now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let’s not forget we were a shit show back when these guys were trying to break through. We are more organised and prepared for youth integration now.

It didn’t stop Jack Grealish coming through and becoming our most expensive sale in the history of the club. The creams rises to the top

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It didn’t stop Jack Grealish coming through and becoming our most expensive sale in the history of the club. The creams rises to the top

Jack is a special talent though. 
Those players could have had more of a chance of coming through in a more settled side, if we had utilised the loan system for them better and if we had a stronger coaching academy. All things that the owners have looked to change. I’m more confident now than ever that we will bring players through. It doesn’t mean every year someone will come through, but we will see a clear pathway 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Jack is a special talent though. 
Those players could have had more of a chance of coming through in a more settled side, if we had utilised the loan system for them better and if we had a stronger coaching academy. All things that the owners have looked to change. I’m more confident now than ever that we will bring players through. It doesn’t mean every year someone will come through, but we will see a clear pathway 

I think you are correct 

• Like 1

First game is today against Slavia Prague, I think 4:30pm UK time, live stream of the game should appear on this video after the AC Sparta Praha vs Tigres match...

Last weekend in the pre-tournament tournament thing we fielded a very young side, but some of the relatively more experienced players are there for the CEE Cup proper, Ted Rowe, Swinkels, and Tommi O'Reilly definitely there and I'm guessing a few others as well.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, useless said:

First game is today against Slavia Prague, I think 4:30pm UK time, live stream of the game should appear on this video after the AC Sparta Praha vs Tigres match...

Last weekend in the pre-tournament tournament thing we fielded a very young side, but some of the relatively more experienced players are there for the CEE Cup proper, Ted Rowe, Swinkels, and Tommi O'Reilly definitely there and I'm guessing a few others as well.

Kaden gone there do you know ? 

I don't know if Kadan's there, he could be as Swinkels, and Ted Rowe both played for the U21s alongside him against Leamington and they've since flown out, saw a short clip of them arrving on the competition's instagram page, but didn't show all the players just a few.

• Thanks 1

We play again tomorrow in the CEE Cup, and the U18s also have a game tomorrow against Oxford, so academy squad is going to have to be distributed between the three games, it might be that we play an U16 team against Oxford.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, useless said:

We play again tomorrow in the CEE Cup, and the U18s also have a game tomorrow against Oxford, so academy squad is going to have to be distributed between the three games, it might be that we play an U16 team against Oxford.

We need more El Ghazis

To be fair I think our academy squad is pretty big, even allowing for the ones away in Australia, fourteen new scholars this year, plus some of last season's U15s have already played a couple of ages up for the U18s, so we should be okay.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â