Academy General Topic

smetrov

First game of the CEE Cup is against Slavia Prague on the 22nd and then we play again on the 23rd against Dynamo Kiev, so going to have to take a biggish squad. In previous years CEE Cup has been streamed on youtube, hopefully that will be the case this pre-season as well. I imagine will be more of a U21 squad as U18s also have a game on the 23rd against Oxford.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

3-0 up. Harrison out.

We've talked a lot over the years of building in a way of playing through all levels from the kids to the senior team. Good to see they're well drilled on our famous inexplicable mental collapses.

• Haha 2

Off topic but citeh have  sold Gavin Bazunu, Romeo Leiva, CJ Egan-Riley and Darko Gyabi, who made five appearances for the first-team between them, for a combined fee of around £28million this summer…

Be interesting to see how our youth set up supplements the first team in terms of players but also financially ala Citeh, Chelsea, plop that’s the level we’re aiming for. Sacrifices will be made - Carney it looks like unless a change of heart.. I currently have complete faith as we’ve got Aaron Ramsey, Tommi O’Reily coming through & not forgetting  Philogene-Bidace…  

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Off topic but citeh have  sold Gavin Bazunu, Romeo Leiva, CJ Egan-Riley and Darko Gyabi, who made five appearances for the first-team between them, for a combined fee of around £28million this summer…

Be interesting to see how our youth set up supplements the first team in terms of players but also financially ala Citeh, Chelsea, plop that’s the level we’re aiming for. Sacrifices will be made - Carney it looks like unless a change of heart.. I currently have complete faith as we’ve got Aaron Ramsey, Tommi O’Reily coming through & not forgetting  Philogene-Bidace…  

This will be a major benefit of having a good youth academy.  Not all the players will make it with us, even if we are selling the ones that don't for £8m here, £10m there, it all adds up.

I wish we would hurry up and name our new scholars for next season, we seem to leave everything late, would be nice to know that we've managed to hang onto our best sixteen year olds, noticed a few other teams have been losing theirs, I think brexit and not being able to sign U18s from Europe means there's now more competition for U18s in this country, good sign that Kadan Young played against Hednesford though.

I think he actually left during last season rather than this summer but Harley Mills left-back who would have been a first year scholar this coming season has gone to Peterborough.

Not first year scholar related, but saw Kidderminster fan suggest that Dewain Sewall played for them on trial in one of their recent friendlies, no idea how accurate that is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Henry Cowans and Jake Walker both played for Newton in the Europa Conference League this evening, they won on penalties to go through to the next round, Cowans scored one of the goals in regular time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

U16s beat Arsenal 6-4 away today, some of the U14s from last season's Albert Phelan South winning team played a couple of ages up.

Do you know if Cole Ramsey is part of that group ?

He (Cole Ramsey) was part of the team that won the U14s Albert Phelan Cup South, but I don't know if he played today for the U16s or if he's ever played at that level, I think he's played for the U15s already though, so maybe could make some appearances for the U16s next season if he hasn't already.

• Thanks 2

Edit I think the above games are for something called the 'Memoriálu S. Štrunce' trophy, the CEE Cup proper starts this Friday as indicated on the CEE Cup's official website above.

Edited by useless

Â