Academy General Topic

smetrov

Losing by 1. Grown into the game. Chuk did a scoop pass that was pure harlem globetrotters , tim got a yellow in the 2nd minute but as the game has gone on is doing his stuff ie tackles and good passing. Aaron nearly scored after 9 mins .

A much tougher game than the 1st 3 in 33 degree heat

Looking confidant and comfortably the better team, but lacking once we get to the penalty area.  Italy making plenty of mistakes so should be more chances.

Norton-Cuffy, who I've previously raved about, is having a mare.  Gave away the penalty by being clumsy/ unaware/ lackadaisical, and has since given the ball away regularly. 

Tim has a really bad habit of getting booked early. He needs to find a way to go into a game more relaxed. Since the booking he's been exceptional again

Chuk involved in everything good we do. Aaron been relatively quiet so far. 

Edited by MrBlack

From what I saw it looked like another game where the heat looked at detrimental to the quality as much as anything else, around 35° I think 

Decent game, probably chuks least influential up against 2 Inter Milan midfielders, definite step up in quality, wouldn't say anyone really stood out

Thought devine was poor, defence looked solid, I'm another who likes the look of scott

• Thanks 1

Palmerias have some good youngsters but I think it's the next age up, I'm sure sparta just sold their best 2 academy products in years and Kiev have some decent ones tol

Nice links there though, good tournament to make friends 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Palmerias have some good youngsters but I think it's the next age up, I'm sure sparta just sold their best 2 academy products in years and Kiev have some decent ones tol

Nice links there though, good tournament to make friends 

The big Palmeiras prospect is Endrick who is 15 and has already played under 20 and is wanted by Real Madrid and Liverpool

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Finley Thorndike signed for SHA was he any good. Never saw him play. 

I really liked him, very skillful player, good dribbler, I can see him being a good player once he develops end product. 
gone from WBA to Villa to Blues lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I really liked him, very skillful player, good dribbler, I can see him being a good player once he develops end product. 
gone from WBA to Villa to Blues lol

Done all 3 brum clubs before the age of 20. Must be a record ! 

Yep. Looked a decent player with a bit of style about him. But if he was a player in Tommi O'Reillys position then Tommi is levels above from what i have seen so far. 

We were linked with Isaac Moore an attacking midfielder from Coventry in December, I had wondered if we might go back in for him this summer, but he's signed his scholarship with them.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â