Academy General Topic

smetrov

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Fin Thorndike has signed a professional contract with us today, after becoming a free agent this summer. Was previously with the Albion. 

That's great news for him, he's had quite a long trial period and he'll be delighted to have settled. He's looked quite tidy, nothing extraordinary yet, but comfortable in the side. Look forward to seeing him develop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Feeney starts. Patterson and Barber subs.

Disgraceful

Can't believe there is a baggies player on there that we haven't signed! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sign number 11!

Ehibhatiomhan - only 15! Looks like he's got an older brother at Reading as well 

Their version of the Chukwuemekas! 

• Like 1

I wonder if Patterson might be carrying a knock because he usually starts wearing either the no.7 or no.8 shirt, so presumably in midfield, he missed the last few U23 games and didn't play for the U18s either. England won 2-0 Leo Castledine (Chelsea) and Princewill Ehibhatiomhan (Reading) with the goals.

• Thanks 1

On 03/09/2021 at 19:27, useless said:

I wonder if Patterson might be carrying a knock because he usually starts wearing either the no.7 or no.8 shirt, so presumably in midfield, he missed the last few U23 games and didn't play for the U18s either. England won 2-0 Leo Castledine (Chelsea) and Princewill Ehibhatiomhan (Reading) with the goals.

I was under the impression that Kobei Moore and Charlie Lutz were 2 of our bigger talents in that age group. Interesting to see that they're not involved in this England squad

On 03/09/2021 at 18:12, MotoMkali said:

We signed Thorndike now, after his trial with us. Former wba player. 

His dad is chairman of Alvechurch FC - and a bluenose!  (and very proud, of course)

Edited by SirSteveUK

Moore and Lutz I don't know anything about other than that they play as forwards, I'm not aware of either being called up by England, but at youth level most of the players are English meaning when it comes to selecting the England squads there's a lot of players to choose from, so there's bound to be a a lot of good players that miss out.

I think that the club must rate them, as centre-forward is pretty much the only position where we didn't bring in new players from outside the club as first year scholars, we must like the options that we have coming through our own academy in that position. Just a case of waiting for them to get their chance for the U18s and seeing how they do, if they impress at that level then I'm sure they will give themselves a chance of getting a call up.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â