Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

8 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He is not eligible

As per Wikipedia entry:

The Football Association Youth Challenge Cup is an English football competition run by The Football Association for under-18 sides. Only those players between the age of 15 and 18 on 31 August of the current season are eligible to take part. It is dominated by the youth sides of professional teams, mostly from the Premier League, but attracts over 400 entrants from throughout the country.

Yeah he was 18 then. He was born in June 2003.

They don't half make it difficult to understand. 

I think that the Youth Cup is for those up to the age of 17 years and 364 days on the 31st August each year.

Otherwise Bidace could and would have played last season in the Youth Cup. 

Based on my understanding Tim is the same as Louie Barry as turning 18 3 months ago meaning he is ineligible. .

He isn't eligible, these are the actual rules: 'Only those players are eligible to take part who have reached the age of 15 years by midnight on 31 August of the current season and not reached the age of 18 years as at midnight on 31 August of the current season.'

Which is different to what's stated in the wikipedia article quoted above.

Edited by useless

We could potentially play Bogarde in midfield alongside Chrisene, and one other, maybe Hart or Tommi O'Reilly and that would still look pretty strong, Patterson also normally plays in midfield, as do Barnes and Pierre, so we've got options.

Edited by useless

Kick off against Brighton at 1pm

Zych, Barber, Softley, Munroe, Patterson, McBride, Hart, Tommi O'Reilly, Afoka, Reddin, Sewell

Subs: Wright, Rhoades, Pierre, Ted Rowe, Moore

Will be a tough game, Brighton doing well, whilst we're struggling, especially defensively having conceded four plus goals in four of our six games and then again against Man City in the Premier League Cup. To be fair to the U18s I think they're missing three or four of the better players to injuries which won't be helping.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Finnished 5-3, Tommi O'Reilly with our fifth.

A shame to concede those three late goals, a clean-sheet I imagine would have given our defence a big confidence boost, but a win is a win, and Brighton were going well, a victory today would have put them just two points off the top of the table.

Sewell's amongst the top scorers in the league now, Reddin, Hart, and Tommi O'Reilly not far behind either.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've been drawn in a group with West Bromwich Albion, Leicester City, and small heath in the U15 Floodlit Cup, top two qualify for knockout stages. We won it three or four seasons back and many of that team went onto win the FA Youth Cup with us.

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve just seen Callum O’Hare in the town centre, he said he left because he wasn’t going to get first team football 

makes sense.

• Like 1

Aston Villa is excited to announce a new partnership with The Football Development Centre (FDC).

The partnership with FDC will further enhance the Club’s ability to unearth local future first team footballers for both the men’s and women’s team.

Aston Villa will provide FDC players with a host of development opportunities, while working closely with their coaches to provide CPD opportunities through a wide range of departments within the Club.

Scott Curry, Player Talent ID Project and Development Manager at Villa, believes the link will be an exciting partnership for both organisations.

He said: “We are extremely excited to partner with The Football Development Centre. Aston Villa has a proud history of discovering young local footballers and we believe this new partnership will further enhance our ability to do this.

“The Football Development Centre have an outstanding record in developing players for local academies, current Under-23 player Brad Young was with FDC prior to signing with Aston Villa.

“In the short time we have worked with FDC we have already signed a number of players into our Academy groups, and I am sure there are plenty more to come as the relationship grows and develops.”

Jamie Bailey, FDC Academy Director said: “The partnership with Aston Villa represents a fantastic opportunity for FDC. Our aim has always been to provide our players with the skills and opportunities to move into professional clubs and they don’t come much bigger than Aston Villa.

“FDC are now able to offer the final step in our progress pyramid developing boys and girls from under-6 to under-16 from grassroots right to the Premier League.

“The link will allow us to further enhance our coaching expertise with our coaches having an opportunity to work closely with Aston Villa’s Academy staff, enhancing our knowledge and understanding of what it takes to become a professional player.”

For further details about FDC visit their website here

• Like 3

On 22/09/2021 at 08:11, useless said:

Only Ben Guy, Brad Burton, and Charlie Farr are without new clubs from the players released this summer.

Ben Guy has now signed for Hednesford Town.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think he was essentially our U16s coach, i've no idea how good of a job he did with us but I suspect if we wanted to keep him that badly we wouldn't be losing him to Wolves, they're not really in the position where they can take our staff that we want to keep, also looks like they advertised the position a couple of months back, so presumably he must have applied for it rather than them just straight up offering him the role, maybe he knew his time with us was coming to an end anyway.

Also with regards to how well our academy is doing, in one sense it's doing very well with all promising young players we've got and them having won the FA Youth Cup, but in another sense if you look at that FA Youth Cup winning team, or the U23 team that's currently doing well, most of them didn't actually come through our academy, they're players we've bought from other clubs, half of our first year scholars are also players we've brought in from other clubs, which is fine, but the whole point of an academy is to produce your own players, which something that's going to by it's very nature take a while to put into place, but we're taking steps in the right direction with the link up with schools in the Birmingham area, and The Football Development Centre link up mentioned above, also the satelite academies we're opening up across the country, and I'm sure there will be other stuff going on.

That said in a strange way it could be argued we, if you take the 'we' to mean our current academy statt, developed all the ex West Brom players we've got, since they would have been at West Brom when those players were coming through there

• Like 2

On 08/10/2021 at 15:40, useless said:

Aston Villa is excited to announce a new partnership with The Football Development Centre (FDC).

The partnership with FDC will further enhance the Club’s ability to unearth local future first team footballers for both the men’s and women’s team.

Aston Villa will provide FDC players with a host of development opportunities, while working closely with their coaches to provide CPD opportunities through a wide range of departments within the Club.

Scott Curry, Player Talent ID Project and Development Manager at Villa, believes the link will be an exciting partnership for both organisations.

He said: “We are extremely excited to partner with The Football Development Centre. Aston Villa has a proud history of discovering young local footballers and we believe this new partnership will further enhance our ability to do this.

“The Football Development Centre have an outstanding record in developing players for local academies, current Under-23 player Brad Young was with FDC prior to signing with Aston Villa.

“In the short time we have worked with FDC we have already signed a number of players into our Academy groups, and I am sure there are plenty more to come as the relationship grows and develops.”

Jamie Bailey, FDC Academy Director said: “The partnership with Aston Villa represents a fantastic opportunity for FDC. Our aim has always been to provide our players with the skills and opportunities to move into professional clubs and they don’t come much bigger than Aston Villa.

“FDC are now able to offer the final step in our progress pyramid developing boys and girls from under-6 to under-16 from grassroots right to the Premier League.

“The link will allow us to further enhance our coaching expertise with our coaches having an opportunity to work closely with Aston Villa’s Academy staff, enhancing our knowledge and understanding of what it takes to become a professional player.”

For further details about FDC visit their website here

My youngest has been with FDC for over 2 years now , huge at snapping up local talent with the centres at Studley, worcs warriors and now alvechurch, top level young local players , eg . 3 teams at u13mjpl all very strong sides 

Basically with the academy I think we are aiming to become a gold plated Brentford - 'top' teams will be falling over themselves to buy our players we've brought through the academy as they'll be amongst the best in the league in their position and English, and we can basically name our praise and rinse £100 mil a summer from these arseholes. Then we have a ready made replacement ready to slot straight in and its like they never left, and we continue to improve. Brentford moved from mid table to eventually promotion. I don't think we'll be quite as extreme in that in our selling but maybe loosely similar.

Â