Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Patterson started for England U17s against Portugal, he wore the No.17 shirt so hard to tell where he played from that but there were two other players wearing Numbers  2 and 3, so presumably he didn't play left-back.

England won 2-1 with two late goals.

They now play Holland in the final, after they beat Poland in a penalty shoot-out, it's a shame that Poland didn't win as all their games were being streamed.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

Patterson started for England U17s against Portugal, he wore the No.17 shirt so hard to tell where he played from that but there were two other players wearing Numbers  2 and 3, so presumably he didn't play left-back.

England won 2-1 with two late goals.

They now play Holland in the final, after they beat Poland in a penalty shoot-out, it's a shame that Poland didn't win as all their games were being streamed.

Pretty sure Feeney played in that game too

I notice that West Brom have removed Lino Sousa from their website, he was there a few days ago because I checked after reading on an Albion forum that he's another player that we've taken off them but the story hasn't reached the press yet. Would make sense, England youth international, left-back, will already be known to a lot of our academy staff.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I notice that West Brom have removed Lino Sousa from their website, he was there a few days ago because I checked after reading on an Albion forum that he's another player that we've taken off them but the story hasn't reached the press yet. Would make sense, England youth international, left-back, will already be known to a lot of our academy staff.

I read a post on their forum (probably the same one) that we tried hard to get Tulloch and Griffiths from them as well, but I think they've signed professional terms now?

Griffiths seems to be highly rated, was first choice keeper at Cheltenaham as a nineteen year old last season, and kept 21 clean-sheets, he signed a new contract with Albion in the summer, probably being lined up to be their No.1 as soon as they get some money for Johnstone.

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, useless said:

He qualifies for both Poland and England, I think his father is Polish. I think he has attended Poland training camps recently, but has been more involved in the England setup.

Do you know much about Oliwer Zych, if his situation is similar?

According to transfermarkt we signed Zych from a Polish team, he's been involved with the Poland national team's U15s, and there's no mention of him having dual citizenship with England. So seems like he's Poland's player as things stand.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’m guessing a once in a generation player, akin to Ethan Moore.

I had heard a while ago he is more highly rated/better than the others at the same age. I would say though both Jacob and Aaron were so prolific at u-23s that it will be a hard bar to reach. 

• Like 1

Â