Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Have the club ever officially announced this?

havent seen it officially, but on his Instagram it says @astonvillaofficial, and other news outlets reported the transfer was completed.

I can only assume it did?

• Like 1

There must be a tipping point where signing so many lads for the academy would make it harder for them to break through and they're damaging their chances of making it to the top level.  I know it's funny to be raiding West Brom but I hope we don't end up damaging their careers.  

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

There must be a tipping point where signing so many lads for the academy would make it harder for them to break through and they're damaging their chances of making it to the top level.  I know it's funny to be raiding West Brom but I hope we don't end up damaging their careers.  

Most of them will never play for Villa's first team. They will be loaned out.

From club's perspective it's a numbers game. Each individual young player has very small chances of making it big in the game. Hence we need large numbers of them for few to make it big for us. Majority will be loaned and sold to lower league clubs for small fees to offset costs of their development.

• Like 1

I look at Chelsea and see their academy players coming through and a lot of them are Premier league quality but never make the grade at Chelsea.

I hope that we produce players at the same level if not higher and give them the opportunity to be first team players.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Chelseanomics. I don't think we're there yet but yes it does happen at a point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Most of them will never play for Villa's first team. They will be loaned out.

From club's perspective it's a numbers game. Each individual young player has very small chances of making it big in the game. Hence we need large numbers of them for few to make it big for us. Majority will be loaned and sold to lower league clubs for small fees to offset costs of their development.

100% this. and thats great.

Im just hoping the club isn't relying on a PL 11 rising through the youth ranks. !!! 

Playing Norwich, 11am kick-off

Zych, Barber, Feeney, Aaron O'Reilly, Ealing, McBride, Hart, Tommi O'Reilly, Burchall, Reddin, Sewell

Subs: Lewis, Munroe, Pierre, Afoka, Moore

Reddin has put us 1-0 up

Think the nearest you'll get is this:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/match/u18/2021-22/g2238179

Bodymoor Heath Training Ground

I like the sound of Jambang for Norwich. Great name.

They've also got C on the bench, he's the son of Mr C from the Shamen and eligible to represent Scotland at international level.

• Like 1

Â