Johan Lange

hippo

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in evaluating Lange, there are loads of things that people aren't considering.

• Do the clubs facilities for training match up well to other clubs?
  • Do our facilities and processes for injury management match up to other clubs?
  • Are our medical and therapy teams a match for other clubs?
  • Are our fitness teams a match for other clubs?
  • Are the grounds staff at Bodymoor producing pitches and environments that are to the managers liking?
  • Do we have the right staff at youth and development level?
  • Do we have the right options on player travel on matchdays, player welfare on non-matchdays and in the way we help players settle into the area when they sign?
  • Do we have the right staff in place for scouting and the right organisation of our scouting processes?
  • Do we have the right staff in place for data collection and management and the right organisation of our data processes?
  • Do we have the right staff in place for player nutrition and the right organisation of our nutritional information and processes?

He's the Sporting director - everything that's football related and isn't about coaching players falls under him, we shouldn't be judging him just on transfers.

I agree I’m sure his roll is much more wide ranging and we know little about his everyday responsibilities. However he is often prominent when players are announced, so inevitably that’s how he is judged by fans, rightly or wrongly. 

Similarly Purslow is hardly shy when a camera is around and so he is often seen when a new player is announced. Particularly a high profile player. Interestingly this isn’t the case recently and neither, especially Purslow are linked so much by the press to transfer rumours at the moment. They mention Unai or NSWE now. 

With recent rumours, particularly about Lange’s position, I wonder if backroom changes are afoot? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in evaluating Lange, there are loads of things that people aren't considering.

• Do our facilities and processes for injury management match up to other clubs?
  • Are the grounds staff at Bodymoor producing pitches and environments that are to the managers liking?
  • Do we have the right options on player travel on matchdays, player welfare on non-matchdays and in the way we help players settle into the area when they sign?
  • Do we have the right staff in place for scouting and the right organisation of our scouting processes?
  • Do we have the right staff in place for data collection and management and the right organisation of our data processes?
  • Do we have the right staff in place for player nutrition and the right organisation of our nutritional information and processes?

He's the Sporting director - everything that's football related and isn't about coaching players falls under him, we shouldn't be judging him just on transfers.

Who do we judge on transfers? Because with the resources available, they are doing a below par job.

If Lange's job includes looking after the pitches at the training ground, he shouldn't be involved in transfers at all. I think he's heavily involved. 

I recall he went to meet Kamara. Gerrard name checked him many times saying he was given good support. Gerrard obviously then wasted a load of money, so that wasn't a very well executed plan.

The story spun of the club's recruitment clearly isn't the reality. Gerrard picked Coutinho and Digne and signed them. Waste. Emery has clearly picked Moreno. Hopefully not a waste, but who knows. Emery has clearly picked Guendouzi out as a target. Hopefully not a waste should he sign.

With time, I hope more joined up thinking reveals itself.

My main concern of Purslow sticking his nose into the first team will hopefully fade with Emery. I hope he wouldn't stand for someone with zero expertise thinking they should get involved so he can talk about it at his golf club.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

What does he do since you have came to this dramatic response

Do you think Lange was signing Coutinho and Digne? Apparently he was the one to suggest Kamara

That hardly took the talent of a brain scientist did it, 99% of VT had been suggesting Kamara for a while it was a no brainer.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

While the head coach is essentially responsible for coaching of the first team and ultimately is almost entirely accountable too. He still reports to the Sporting Director or Director of Football. So Emery reports to Lange. He doesn't report to Purslow. 

The board of directors report to the CEO who reports to the Chairman. Lange could be on the board or not as Director can be a label only in a football context. 

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

While the head coach is essentially responsible for coaching of the first team and ultimately is almost entirely accountable too. He still reports to the Sporting Director or Director of Football. So Emery reports to Lange. He doesn't report to Purslow. 

The board of directors report to the CEO who reports to the Chairman. Lange could be on the board or not as Director can be a label only in a football context. 

I would suspect those chains of command, can be circumnavigated, when the owner sees fit....as demonstrated at Craven Cottage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would suspect those chains of command, can be circumnavigated, when the owner sees fit....as demonstrated at Craven Cottage.

Well yes it's basically the Chairman stepping down to make an appointment to levels below his role. But very senior critical roles like that are unique 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well yes it's basically the Chairman stepping down to make an appointment to levels below his role. But very senior critical roles like that are unique 

I'm not sure they are.....we don't always get to know, certain incidents like this , not reported. 

as an example....If the owner see's litter on the floor, how many call the cleaner, or just pick it up?.......They are human, and if a process has failed to materialise something,  they will override it.....and deal with the process later.

Its the sort of thing Roman Abramovich would do, and Doug Ellis.

sometimes, passion/emotion,  trumps etiquette/process.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I don't think Emery should be dictating who the Sporting Director is..

When Emery leaves in 5 years etc, does he take his sporting director with him, and we have to create another infrastructure?

Na I don't like that..

Seems like a perfectly good way of doing it to me. All it takes is a bit of planning. 

Â