Johan Lange

hippo

Just now, trillvillan said:

Makes you really question him solely off the Dendoncker signing - he's had loads of failed signings, but I genuinely want to know what his strategy/plans are. 

He's so clueless and scatter brained. 

Dendoncker is an international for one of the top countries in world football. Hardly a bad signing, even if he did make a massive mistake today. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Pitarch was sacked for doing a lot less.

He wasn't. There was an investigation, remember?

As for Lange his record so far is awful. Lots of money wasted for very little product on the pitch.

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Dendoncker is an international for one of the top countries in world football. Hardly a bad signing, even if he did make a massive mistake today. 

But for the entirety of the squad? He's a below average footballer with sh*t for brains. 

Why was he signed in the first place to begin with? We need SO much better and frankly, it goes to show how bad him and Gerrard were together... 

Said in the emery thread, sorry but that team today was more than good enough, the squad is strong on paper, a lot stronger than the teams around us

Just horrifically underperformed... Again

What he needs to recruit is a team of shrinks, the issues at the club are so deep rooted and have existed before this team, before this squad, it's the same problems that were evident since MON, I don't know how you exorcise it, its not by buying more players they all just sink to the same hole

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Makes you really question him solely off the Dendoncker signing - he's had loads of failed signings, but I genuinely want to know what his strategy/plans are. 

He's so clueless and scatter brained. 

before today Dendoncker has been solid for us when he has played. Some even wanted him starting over Luiz

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

before today Dendoncker has been solid for us when he has played. Some even wanted him starting over Luiz

Dendoncker is our 3rd choice DMC

Regular starter for Belgium and for wolves previously and here he's 3rd choice

But lange hasn't built a good squad?

Newcastles back up DMC is Sean Longstaff...

• Like 1

Lange isn't fully to blame, as Purslow let Gerrard take the transfer strategy in a different direction. It is ultimately up to Purslow what the long term strategy should be. Lane's signings have been ok, but they have been too short term focused and driven by the manager at the time. The club should drive the strategy and it isn't happening at the minute. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this guy really has pissed the 2/3rds of grealish money up against the wall hasn't he

Dunno.

Bailey did well in Bundesliga for a top level team and I was very excited when we got him in. Even this year he's scored 3 prem goals and assisted a couple so not terrible in 15 games but a performance like today can't be defended. 

Buendia was certainly someone DS wanted regardless of Grealish staying/going. 

Ings was odd profile for what we were signing between 2019-20 but has looked decent at times this season but as a short term signing it's not going to work and he'll be moved on in the summer.

And Grealish off the wage bill gave us flexibility to get in Kamara (our biggest outfield transfer hit in a while) and Diego who'd have been good aswell but bad injury stopped that.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the emery thread, sorry but that team today was more than good enough, the squad is strong on paper, a lot stronger than the teams around us

Just horrifically underperformed... Again

What he needs to recruit is a team of shrinks, the issues at the club are so deep rooted and have existed before this team, before this squad, it's the same problems that were evident since MON, I don't know how you exorcise it, its not by buying more players they all just sink to the same hole

Mentality is a big issue for sure.

We had same under Gerrard. Won 4 of our first 6 under him with some decent performances and then reverted to type. I really hope the same won't happen this season.

There simply isn't enough hunger to seriously go for silverware or european qualification, you need to turn up seriously for more than 5 games a season to achieve either.

• Like 1

Â