U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Guys, I know it would feel better if it was a landslide, but incumbents rarely lose, never mind in a landslide. If Biden wins 300-230 that is a landslide in context.

The blue incumbent didn't fair too well in 1980...

ElectoralCollege1980.svg

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The blue incumbent didn't fair too well in 1980...

ElectoralCollege1980.svg

So strange seeing that as an adult. As a 10 year old watching the coverage, I really liked Carter, he seemed like a nice guy. I did not know the margin of victory was that big. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

So strange seeing that as an adult. As a 10 year old watching the coverage, I really liked Carter, he seemed like a nice guy. I did not know the margin of victory was that big. 

Yeah, I saw it the other day and was startled.  What was the background to this and why was it such a hammering?

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so Nevada...

you can guarantee that embodiment of mental stability owns a gun

That guy is a dead cert for Randy in South Park's voice once the current actor is done.

Or alternatively..

• Like 2

Someone made the point on twitter, and it seems to be largely true, that everywhere in America that you would ACTUALLY want to visit is blue. Even in the red states, if you look by county the bits you'd actually visit are blue. Like Florida: MIami, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, all blue

Texas: Dallas, Houston, Austin, all blue

:D 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah, I saw it the other day and was startled.  What was the background to this and why was it such a hammering?

It was the end of the 70s with oil shortages and union strikes etc i.e. the same conditions that lead to Thatcher in the U.K.

His handling of the Iran hostage crisis during his last year in office was the final nail in the coffin. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Someone made the point on twitter, and it seems to be largely true, that everywhere in America that you would ACTUALLY want to visit is blue. Even in the red states, if you look by county the bits you'd actually visit are blue. Like Florida: MIami, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, all blue

Texas: Dallas, Houston, Austin, all blue

:D 

It's like here isn't it.  The more informed voters tend to be more highly concentrated in the cities.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The oil crisis, the hostage crisis in Iran and Reagan was a charismatic candidate who promised good times whilst Carter was telling them to conserve energy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was the end of the 70s with oil shortages and union strikes etc i.e. the same conditions that lead to Thatcher in the U.K.

His handling of the Iran hostage crisis during his last year in office was the final nail in the coffin. 

The only thing I really know about Carter's tenure is him being the first US President to visit North Korea and he did some good work defusing some shizzle there.

Still going isn't he, must be pushing 100.

Georgia is REALLY close now.  Is there a feeling that Biden is going to come in there as well?  That would change the complexion a lot.  I've been kind of ignoring that one.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Georgia is REALLY close now.  Is there a feeling that Biden is going to come in there as well?  That would change the complexion a lot.  I've been kind of ignoring that one.

I think the odds are above 50% for Biden there now. Mad.

Â