U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Where do people get their most up to date figures? I'm on Washington Post but others seem to have figures that are more up to date than me.

I am just googling US election results and the result is a feed from the associated press. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am just googling US election results and the result is a feed from the associated press. 

That feed makes it look pretty scary to be honest. If Biden gets Nevada then it's over, but Nevada looks to be on a knife edge and every other state is going in Trump's favour

It looks like Trump could take Arizona but it is more likely that Biden takes Georgia and Pennsylvania. Nevada is 99% certain to go to Biden.

Biden is going to win it is just by how much. The more he wins by the less credible is any kicking and screaming of fraud from Trump.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I still think Biden will win, but I've gone from being about 90-10 on it to about 80-20 or 75-25.

that this isn't a landslide victory and already over is worrying in and of itself. I dunno, I can't relax until it's finally over and Biden takes it.

it's ridiculous that it's even close. It's like villa drawing harlequins school for the blind in the fa cup. Even though this villa team are owned by Xia, managed by Sherwood and captained by Joleon Lescott this should still be a a routine 30-0 hammering. Yet, tragically, it's come down to VAR as to whether a couple of late goals are offside or not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

it's ridiculous that it's even close. It's like villa drawing harlequins school for the blind in the fa cup. Even though this villa team are owned by Xia, managed by Sherwood and captained by Joleon Lescott this should still be a a routine 30-0 hammering. Yet, tragically, it's come down to VAR as to whether a couple of late goals are offside or not. 

You're traumatically reminding me of when we lost to a League 2 side over 2 legs.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That feed makes it look pretty scary to be honest. If Biden gets Nevada then it's over, but Nevada looks to be on a knife edge and every other state is going in Trump's favour

Nevada is done. The worry is Arizona.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Guys, I know it would feel better if it was a landslide, but incumbents rarely lose, never mind in a landslide. If Biden wins 300-230 that is a landslide in context.

This. Of the swing states the only one Biden has lost really so far is Florida. Were people expecting him to flip Kentuky? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Where do people get their most up to date figures? I'm on Washington Post but others seem to have figures that are more up to date than me.

The Twitter US election feed is worth having on. It's constantly updating with tweets from politicians and journalists. Nearly everyone in it has a blue tick. That's where the most up to date stuff gets reported first

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

This. Of the swing states the only one Biden has lost really so far is Florida. Were people expecting him to flip Kentuky? 

The target states for a 'landslide' would be the likes of Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, although I think Florida is a completely lost cause these days :D 

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

The target states for a 'landslide' would be the likes of Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina and Florida.

North Carolina I presume but yes I was joking about Kentucky! 

It isn't a landslide and America is clearly still hugely divided with a range of problems that run deep and wide throughout their society. Join the club!

If Biden does win I'll be happy they can focus on tearing themselves apart and not take the rest of the world down with them. 

• Like 2

Â