U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

So Mr Trump, well done on the second term. I’m quite surprised that by saying “stop the count” once you were ahead was something that was possible and doesn’t fall foul of any anti-democracy laws. It’s in interesting tactic that I expect others will try in the future. 

• Like 1

Chose a good time to go to bed again. Almost nothing has changed overnight. Pretty sure the guys on CNN are even wearing the same clothes since it started, my heroes.

Do we know about any more vote count release times anywhere? It’s getting tight everywhere.

Edited by fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Chose a good time to go to bed again. Almost nothing has changed overnight. Pretty sure the guys on CNN are even wearing the same clothes since it started, my heroes.

Do we know about any more vote count release times anywhere? It’s getting tight everywhere.

Arizona should be done soon shouldn’t it?

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Same here, I was expecting to. Wake up and see the result in Nevada. 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Arizona should be done soon shouldn’t it?

Seems like it.

I’m pretty sure I heard them say one state (Arizona?) is done counting for the night though.

Edit: might’ve been Clark County, Nevada

Live feed of the count taking place in Fulton, GA.

Edited by fightoffyour

We’re basically waiting for Phoenix, Philly, Vegas and Atlanta, then. I’d be very surprised if Biden doesn’t have enough votes there to win overall. 

7 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

We’re basically waiting for Phoenix, Philly, Vegas and Atlanta, then. I’d be very surprised if Biden doesn’t have enough votes there to win overall. 

My guess about how the remaining states will fall:

• Biden - Nevada, Pennsylvania
  • Trump - North Carolina
  • Too close to call - Arizona, Georgia

If Biden wins Pennsylvania, it doesn't matter about Arizona and Georgia. But I can easily see him losing or winning both races with very tight margins.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My guess about how the remaining states will fall:

• Biden - Nevada, Pennsylvania
  • Trump - North Carolina
  • Too close to call - Arizona, Georgia

If Biden wins Pennsylvania, it doesn't matter about Arizona and Georgia. But I can easily see him losing or winning both races with very tight margins.

I am not hugely confident on Nevada. Lot of local discontent with the governer Steve Sisolak and they might want to bloody his nose. I hope I am wrong. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I am not hugely confident on Nevada. Lot of local discontent with the governer Steve Sisolak and they might want to bloody his nose. I hope I am wrong. 

I'm sure you're right, but I'm going by the fact that the outstanding votes seem to be early mail ballots which are Dem-leaning everywhere except Arizona. But if Biden does lose Nevada, then he's in real danger of losing the election, so I hope my intuition is right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sure you're right, but I'm going by the fact that the outstanding votes seem to be early mail ballots which are Dem-leaning everywhere except Arizona. But if Biden does lose Nevada, then he's in real danger of losing the election, so I hope my intuition is right.

it's not looking as non-grim as I was hoping. 4 more years of Trump would be so bloody tiresome.

Â