Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

58 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought Forest and Derby might do well this season... Having lost their first two Derby have now just conceded three goals in four minutes against Blackburn.

They’ve been shocking. There’s definitely trouble afoot at that club I think. Shame because I do like Derby, have some great friends from there and for Rams Die Hards they’re good blokes! 

Derby were apparently playing well up until Blackburn scored the first but then they capitulated. They did have a spell towards the end of last season when they went on a decent run and looked like they might sneak into the play-offs, which is why I thought they might challenge this season, especially with there not really being any stand out teams.

• 2 weeks later...

They've done well to bring him in, he's supposedly turned down a lot of clubs at that level, so I'm guessing they must have promised to back him and give him a good chance of getting them promoted.

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d love to see Forest back in the big league, Sheffield Wednesday too, but they’re a million miles away from promotion nowadays. 

This season looks quite open. Even blose are looking half decent and i wouldnt rule out a top 6 for them. They have played stoke brentford and swansea and remains unbeaten.

I think stoke will win it and its down to everyone else 

17 hours ago, Nigel said:

They are well set from last season.  Decent squad in a low position, catnip for any manager!

He'll do what he did at Brighton, really work on their defence and get them organised and Lyle Taylor, Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Joe Lolley etc is obviously a good set of attackers so they can win plenty of games 1-0 and fly up the league.

It's something Forest needed to do as was incredible collapse to miss out on top 6 and hangover has continued this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully hughton can get then promoted. Forest need to be back in the premier league. Great club 

Shows the vast difference in perceptions to Leeds! Forest spent even more years out of top flight and built pretty much all of the big club thing on the golden five year period under Clough.

Their fanbase has never struck me as that incredible, think Derby have bigger support in that part of the world but could be wrong.

Â