Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just remembered that Chris Samuelson was involved with their potential takeover; there always seems to be problems when he's invovled. Hopefully they don't go into admin as that would help small heath out.

Rooney now full time manager at Derby and has ended his playing career.

It sounds churlish to have a go at his record. All time goal scorer for England and Manchester United. 5 times Premier League winner. Champions League winner.

And yet he career was remarkably up and down. Periods when he did look world class, followed by long periods of looking bang average- often even in the same season.  In the 2 seasons he scored over 30 goals in all competitions the following seasons he did not even get 20. And for England feels a bit of a what if. His best tournament by far for England was Euro 2004 when he was still a child. Every other competition he flattered to deceive, often out of form or carrying a injury, or both. 

From about 30 his career went into a rapid decline. You get the impression he was hardly the most professional player in looking after his body.  Look at Ronaldo who is his same age and is still playing at Juventus.

I will be interested in how well he does as a manager. People say he has done a good job at derby but  a 30% win percentage so far is not that impressive for a underachieving side. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Norwich are going to be the best of the 3 promoted clubs. Only one who didn't change manager after relegation.

Reading looking pretty sharp vs Bournemouth. Edit: they score again. 3-0.

Edited by Villaphan04

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Reading look nasty up front.

Joao, swift, elise and Ejaria look a really really potent front 4.

Yakou Meite is a pretty good striker aswell, 6 goals this season but been injured since start of December. They've also got Puscas aswell in their ranks, spent 7m on him but hasn't met expecations.

Find them a bit of a plastic club though so always feels a waste of a promotion when they go up, bit like Hull.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yakou Meite is a pretty good striker aswell, 6 goals this season but been injured since start of December. They've also got Puscas aswell in their ranks, spent 7m on him but hasn't met expecations.

Find them a bit of a plastic club though so always feels a waste of a promotion when they go up, bit like Hull.

Tbf I'd rather have them or someone else "fresh"" than having Watford Bournemouth & Norwich going straight back up (though I know Norwich are almost as good as up)

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Tbf I'd rather have them or someone else "fresh"" than having Watford Bournemouth & Norwich going straight back up (though I know Norwich are almost as good as up)

Try Preston, haven't played a single top flight game since early 60s!

The correct answer is obviously Brentford though unless we want to sign half their team again.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Try Preston, haven't played a single top flight game since early 60s!

The correct answer is obviously Brentford though unless we want to sign half their team again.

Preston made the play off final a few times, disappointing they never got up

• Like 1

Â