Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

The only thing is that is ridiculous is that sheff wed get the deuction next season and wigan got it this year. It should be the same for both.

Absolutely ridiculous.  So glad we are not under the lame efl anymore

Bristol City sack Lee Johnson, say they're going to replace him with a 'next level appointment', get linked to Gerrard, Terry, Hughton and Paul Cook, then almost six weeks later give the job to Dean Holden - who was Johnson's assistant.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2020 at 17:32, useless said:

Bristol City sack Lee Johnson, say they're going to replace him with a 'next level appointment', get linked to Gerrard, Terry, Hughton and Paul Cook, then almost six weeks later give the job to Dean Holden - who was Johnson's assistant.

Perhaps they meant next level in height rather than a hobbit?

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the suprise package this year will be stoke.

I think the teams who will be in or around top 4 will be  Cardiff watford brentford stoke boro possibly derby

Not sure that would be that much of a surprise, their form under O'Neill was promotion form. He is a good manager and they've better resources than most, they will right up there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the teams who will be in or around top 4 will be  Cardiff watford brentford stoke boro possibly derby

they are 4/1 for promotion, will not be a surprise

There was some talk last week EFL were appealing independent board about deducting Sheff Weds -12 for last season instead of applying it this season. I assume nothing came of that otherwise it would've impacted on relegation and the fixtures being released.

Talk Derby are going to be hit with a big points deduction at some point this season aswell.

As I've said before I think Watford will win the league given they've still got the same squad they went down with so a few of those will be starting the season with them and then yeah Stoke and Boro under Warnock will probably fancy their chances of top 2, Brentford aswell if they can get over play off hangover quickly.

Just glad we're not in it again!

Edited by VillaChris

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There was some talk last week EFL were appealing independent board about deducting Sheff Weds -12 for last season instead of applying it this season. I assume nothing came of that otherwise it would've impacted on relegation and the fixtures being released.

Talk Derby are going to be hit with a big points deduction at some point this season aswell.

As I've said before I think Watford will win the league given they've still got the same squad they went down with so a few of those will be starting the season with them and then yeah Stoke and Boro under Warnock will probably fancy their chances of top 2, Brentford aswell if they can get over play off hangover quickly.

Just glad we're not in it again!

I can't see the Sheff Wed situation changing, its a disgrace though.

Derby are going to go into absolute financial meltdown, its a question of when not if, I think they are very likely to end up in administration.

I agree re Watford although as always the manager is an unknown element, Stoke, Forest if they retain key players and add a couple more will be up there. Even with the Warnock factor I can't see Boro in the mix personally. I would expect Norwich to be the most likely league winners.

I think its possibly the weakest Championship in a good number of years.

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Percy is reporting that Derby have had all their charges dropped from the EFL by the independant commission. The EFL love Mel Morris I'm sure :lol:

That is a huge result for them, I still think they are heading for financial meltdown though.

Norwich sign Hugill, I think they've spent more on him than on their entire squad last summer as a premeir league team, he's their tenth signing of the summer.

Edited by useless

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 09:07, Demitri_C said:

Agreed Stoke have a good manager in O'Neil he knows his football ,they have been working quietly in the background at Stoke and I think they will be top 6ish for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

WIll be interesting to see how Watford get on tonight under their new manager, only three players in their starting eleven who played against Arsenal, none of, Huges, Sarr, Dawson, Gray, or Deeney, in the squad.

Â