Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

There's nothing arrogant to not want to go down, and not wanting to be in the second tier.

It's supremely arrogant to not celebrate goals because you're embarrassed we're down there.

Ok.

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Great we have to replace the entire team again.

Not sure how we will get promoted without Grealish this time.

Maybe get a team good enough not to be reliant on one player? 

• Like 1

Oh joy, back to being the big brawny bully that can beat the weak kids in gym class because he's been held back 2 years.

Competing against clubs with a fraction of our financial muscles. It's Usain Bolt at the special Olympics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dunno about you chaps but the second half of this season has been absolutely no fun - most game days ruined for me by the inevitable mistake or general beating. Defeatist I know but we win games in the championship. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

100%. We are where we are. As crap as relegation is, we are at the start of a new chapter and I'm extremely confident it will come good given our owners and their ambition - but we have to bloody earn it. 

This is the realization I hope most of us take. Show the ownership we have faith in them to completely rebuild. We could be Wigan at the moment the way football goes. Give them 3 seasons and see where we are. I’ll take 2 years in the Championship if it means 10 years of comfortable finishes in the PL with 1 or 2 top 6 finishes and some runs in the cups/Europa. 

• Like 1

Surprised people are going down the "atleast we'll enjoy games and win some games" again, do people not remember the 3 years we were down there? Its not necessarily going to be the case. I think people have very short memories.

• Like 2

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Surprised people are going down the "atleast we'll enjoy games and win some games" again, do people not remember the 3 years we were down there? Its not necessarily going to be the case. I think people have very short memories.

With all respect I have to say this will not be the same as that time. 

Will FFP be relaxed next season in the Championship, as well as in the PL? If not and we do manage to get back up next season, the gap between the big spending clubs and ourselves, will be even bigger in 21/22. 😕

• Thanks 1

With our resources and a decent manager we should be favorites to come straight back up and frankly should do so quite comfortably, even if we lost Mings, McGinn, Luiz and Grealish, we've still got a bunch of players that most championship teams could only sign in their wildest dreams, and that's not to mention the players we will be signing.

Most important thing is getting the manager right though, get a decent one and it will be half of the battle won.

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Back to finding ways of watching the away games 😭

This is the thing I'm most upset by, it's so hard to get streams.

Even if we play shit, as we often did over the last few years, we scored lots and won lots, and a couple of days out to Wembley to boot. 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

So the Championship then.

We should be aiming to win this league, Promotion at least. 

Annotation 2020-07-11 145701.jpg

I do not see McGinn or Luiz (possibly neither Targett, El Ghazi or Wesley) being here next season in the championship 

5 minutes ago, John said:

Will FFP be relaxed next season in the Championship, as well as in the PL? If not and we do manage to get back up next season, the gap between the big spending clubs and ourselves, will be even bigger in 21/22. 😕

I'm sure there's been talk of a wage cap. We could really fall behind the rest now. Long way from being an established PL club now. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

I do not see McGinn or Luiz (possibly neither Targett, El Ghazi or Wesley) being here next season in the championship 

well show me your team then 

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

So the Championship then.

We should be aiming to win this league, Promotion at least. 

Annotation 2020-07-11 145701.jpg

Some of those players are not going to be playing in the championship but also i honestly think this team would struggle to get into the playoffs. The two strikers couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo for a start, not a personal attack on you either by the way i just sincerely hope our team looks nothing like that.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

Â