Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why is that ridiculous. If you want to look as a neutral the guy is nearly 25 with less than 3 seasons of top flight football to his name. Jack has a lot of ability without a doubt but he hasn't proved himself in the long term in the top flight yet.  Granted that is mostly down to his loyalty and Villa being rubbish for years.  I will be surprised if we sell him for much more than 40 mil, he might even have a release fee  in his contract.

Maddison is quoted at 60-70m

Joelinton cost 40m alone and he is shite. Your telling me grealish is worth as much as him?

Gosh I hate the championship. Horrible league horrible football. When we were there last time I didn't even celebrate the goals as I felt nothing but embarrassment we were down there. We have to smash everyone there. Take out the anger of relegation. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

When we were there last time I didn't even celebrate the goals as I felt nothing but embarrassment we were down there

I wonder why it's so common for fans of other clubs to call us arrogant. 

We've not been the famous Aston Villa for quite some time. We've not won a cup for 24 years. For the last 9 years we've either been in the Championship, or fighting relegation. Too good for the Championship? Nah. 

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

We've not been the famous Aston Villa for quite some time. We've not won a cup for 24 years. For the last 9 years we've either been in the Championship, or fighting relegation. Too good for the Championship? Nah. 

100%. We are where we are. As crap as relegation is, we are at the start of a new chapter and I'm extremely confident it will come good given our owners and their ambition - but we have to bloody earn it. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What's arrogant about hating relegation? What's arrogant about not wanting to be in the second tier of English football?

So, Grealish, McGinn, Luiz, Trezeguet, Mings all sold for around £160m.

No massive problems with FFP but with a season that isn't going to be profitable - I'd expect us to have £100m to spend and I'd expect us to spend it.

RB, CB, LB, CM, AM, LW, RW would for me be the priorities.

Who do we fancy?

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maddison is quoted at 60-70m

Joelinton cost 40m alone and he is shite. Your telling me grealish is worth as much as him?

They overpaid for Joelinton. Like, obviously. Newcastle didn't pay 40m to get the Joelinton they currently have. They expected him to be much better.

If you're using overpaid transfer fees as your benchmark standard, obviously every other hypothetical transfer is going to be bumped up like crazy too.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

No massive problems with FFP but with a season that isn't going to be profitable - I'd expect us to have £100m to spend and I'd expect us to spend it.

Who do we fancy?

If we sell all of them we might as well forget about coming back ever.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

What's arrogant about hating relegation? What's arrogant about not wanting to be in the second tier of English football?

There's nothing arrogant to not want to go down, and not wanting to be in the second tier.

It's supremely arrogant to not celebrate goals because you're embarrassed we're down there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who do we fancy?

No idea on wingers, most likely a punt abroad (again). El Ghazi and Trez should be OK in the championship but wouldn't care if both went. Missing on on Bowen in Jan was a shame.

Theyll probably end back up in the Prem but wouldn't mind a bid for David Brooks or Cantwell.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who do we fancy?

you forgot a new manager !!!!

Â