Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

Every club  globally has lost cash due to Covid  prices will be affected .If it comes to us being docked points under FFP or sell Jack for 40mil then he is being sold.

On flip side we may benefit when it comes to buying players as no one in the championship will have any cash with no fans.

We wont have any ffp worries not yet anyway. Firstly we have parachute payments and secondly ffp is suspended for a year.

Alot of these fat cat owners will still have stupid money it wont be as what you think. 40m for grealish that wont happen i think. That would be a derisory deal 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

And you have an over inflated opinion of our players. I never said sell mings for less. I said if we got what we paid for him, id take it. Can you honestly keep a 40 million  pound asset ( and i guarantee you right now if we are relegated, it's what we'll get for Grealish ) on the books, in the championship + he won't want to be here. Trezeguet comment made in jest but he is absolutely crap.

We wont accept 40m for grealish that im confident of. That is a ridiculous offer

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Keeping heaton konsa luiz and mcginn is key for me. The new spine of the team

Keep targett, keep along with wesley. Id keep jota as he has proven he can do it at Premier League level.

El ghazi trez elmo taylor nyland samatta lansbury can all go

This is exactly what I mean when I say players are written off far too soon. He's played 10 games, moved to a completely new country during times that are unprecedented and looked decent before the lockdown. 

All of a sudden people want rid of him. We will never, ever be able to pick up our own gems from abroad and develop them decently because if they don't do it and impress within 10 games, half the fan base wants then out. 

I agree with the rest, they've all proven over a decent amount of time they aren't good enough. Samatta has been given no chance if we sell him in the summer.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We wont have any ffp worries not yet anyway. Firstly we have parachute payments and secondly ffp is suspended for a year.

Alot of these fat cat owners will still have stupid money it wont be as what you think. 40m for grealish that wont happen i think. That would be a derisory deal 

FFP is suspended by UEFA thats not the same as the EFL one 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We wont accept 40m for grealish that im confident of. That is a ridiculous offer

Then we've turned down a sizeable fee for a player who won't want to be here and could down tools, like last night ( talks of rebuilds, projects won't sway him this time, he absolutely will not want to play championship football, factor in the euro's also ) So i say it again , Cantwell goes for 40 million  people think that's about right. Talk of Grealish for 40 million and people lose their nut. Both have one promotion each. Both about to be relegated. Comparable number of goals. Oh sorry, Jack most fouled player - that would drive it up to pogba type figures. My bad.

37 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Then we've turned down a sizeable fee for a player who won't want to be here and could down tools, like last night ( talks of rebuilds, projects won't sway him this time, he absolutely will not want to play championship football, factor in the euro's also ) So i say it again , Cantwell goes for 40 million  people think that's about right. Talk of Grealish for 40 million and people lose their nut. Both have one promotion each. Both about to be relegated. Comparable number of goals. Oh sorry, Jack most fouled player - that would drive it up to pogba type figures. My bad.

Well to start with it seems United have cooled on Grealish as they don't have the cash to spend 80 od mill especially when Pogba looks to be stating as again no one can afford to buy him.Plus I'm not sure how he would fit into their team now.17 games unbeaten with current team he isn't going to play in CM there and in a front three he struggles to get in as they score more goals than him.

My bet is City look for a deal with Sane gone or if Newcastle sale goes through they may come in for him.

42 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Grealish's main asset is his ability to pick a defence. They both have similar goalscoring stats but Grealish's buildup and assist stats are far better. Literally 2.5 times more assists per 90.

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not botherd if mings goes. Guys been garbage and doesnt look like same guy who got us up.

Sell him if a decnt offer comes in

Whats a decent offer though? Cant see us making a profit on him

• Like 1

I think we seen in Championship you need a goalkeeper (Heaton) commanding centre back (mings if stays) midfield engine(McGinn) 20 goal striker and a quality playmaker

If have them 5 you are nearly there, the rest can be worked on 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know what you mean but now England international and full season in the PL along with his profile getting more exposure.  If Maguire is 80m, we’ll be comfortably getting 30m.  Supported further by last season Mings and Webster being around 20m, so has to be materially higher than that.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know what you mean but now England international and full season in the PL along with his profile getting more exposure.  If Maguire is 80m, we’ll be comfortably getting 30m.  Supported further by last season Mings and Webster being around 20m, so has to be materially higher than that.

I think will be a quiet window and little activity. In a regular summer I would agree with you

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think will be a quiet window and little activity. In a regular summer I would agree with you

Why do you think that?  Just quiet for Villa or generally?  

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in general with the impact from corona and probably a shorter transfer window

Ok, I don’t think it will impact PL clubs business and aren’t they looking to extend the transfer window until October.  They are at least discussing that extension according to many reports.

44 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Even if we go down I can't see many players leaving, Luiz seems the obvious one.

Nobody will pay what we value Grealish at and nobody will pay £30 million for Mings.

I'm very concerned about Mings if we get promoted again.

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

This is exactly what I mean when I say players are written off far too soon. He's played 10 games, moved to a completely new country during times that are unprecedented and looked decent before the lockdown. 

All of a sudden people want rid of him. We will never, ever be able to pick up our own gems from abroad and develop them decently because if they don't do it and impress within 10 games, half the fan base wants then out. 

I agree with the rest, they've all proven over a decent amount of time they aren't good enough. Samatta has been given no chance if we sell him in the summer.

Just but you have to actually see some potential from him to work on he has shown very little. Id aay he looks even more ineffective than wesley.

Adds very little to our game.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

30-35m i dont think is unreasonable 

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is that ridiculous. If you want to look as a neutral the guy is nearly 25 with less than 3 seasons of top flight football to his name. Jack has a lot of ability without a doubt but he hasn't proved himself in the long term in the top flight yet.  Granted that is mostly down to his loyalty and Villa being rubbish for years.  I will be surprised if we sell him for much more than 40 mil, he might even have a release fee  in his contract.

• Like 1

Â