Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

Some potentially interesting news for next season, regardless of which division we'll end up in as the AFCON (African cup of nations) has been moved from January 2021 to January 2022 instead.

Was a expected solution with the already congested schedule but now we know for certain that our African players will not be missing for roughly a month or so next season

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sne said:

Some potentially interesting news for next season, regardless of which division we'll end up in as the AFCON (African cup of nations) has been moved from January 2021 to January 2022 instead.

Was a expected solution with the already congested schedule but now we know for certain that our African players will not be missing for roughly a month or so next season

All of them are bench players apart from Samatta who we don't actually know what role he'll play next season. But I think that's a critical time after a usual long December.

19 hours ago, sne said:

It's a shame they've been missing all season (except Elmo) . One even ran off to Qatar.

On 30/06/2020 at 11:52, jim said:

We are in free fall with two points from the last 24 and no signs of it getting any better.

The only thing that's embarrassing is the way we are playing and going down with a whimper.

Bottom 5 have earnt 3 points since the restart and we got 2 of them - We are all just as bad as each other !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Bottom 5 have earnt 3 points since the restart and we got 2 of them - We are all just as bad as each other !

True, but survival is in our hands now. We can't keep relying on others not picking up points and I think that will change over the next couple of games. 

If we carry on as we are we will not pick up enough points. We are now in a position where we must get points off the better teams, something we have failed to do all season and not looking remotely like we are capable of it at the moment. We royally screwed up not getting 4 or 5 points from Bournemouth x 2, Watford, Newcastle and Southampton.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Players i think will leave that we need to replace:

Mings, McGinn, Grealish, Luiz, Trezeguet.

This needs to happen wether we stay up or go down.

We need to start planning from now. It will be a miracle if we stay up now.

Start thinking about we are repkacing smith and suso with.

Get rid of alot of this shit an d bring in experienced players. Purslow has a huge job this summer

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We need to start planning from now. It will be a miracle if we stay up now.

Start thinking about we are repkacing smith and suso with.

Get rid of alot of this shit an d bring in experienced players. Purslow has a huge job this summer

Said it countless times now but Jesse Marsch is who i would go for.

Red Bull Salzburg play brilliant football.

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

Will we be able to spend big if we go down? 

I think it will depend on how much we get for Jack and who ever else they come knocking for. Also hope we don’t repeat past mistakes by simply trying to spend loads.

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

Will we be able to spend big if we go down? 

There is much more serious FFP restrictions in the Championship.

By selling Jack, McGinn and Luiz it's likely we will get back what we spent in the summer.

But i would be surprised if we spend more than 30-40 mil in the summer. (Well it is summer, but you know what i mean)

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

There is much more serious FFP restrictions in the Championship.

By selling Jack, McGinn and Luiz it's likely we will get back what we spent in the summer.

But i would be surprised if we spend more than 30-40 mil in the summer. (Well it is summer, but you know what i mean)

Yeah that was my understanding too. I just don’t think we will get enough money for those players to really go for it next season but who knows 

If we can get 60m for grealish and sell mings for like 35m thats alone is 95m alone.

Really we only need to spend around 30m as prices will be lower due to the corona.

I do think if we remove Smith we have a great chance of coming back up as no leeds wba and brentford/fulham

Â