New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Would he leave the red bull eco system as no doubt will be lined up to be the next Leipzig boss? Interesting shout and highly rated and a great motivator and tactician. 

The American connection to Indiana as well, maybe he can get the best out of him...

Regardless we have to avoid managers like Dyche. Not a lot of these players fits his system and we would have to rebuild the entire team again.

A man like Marsch plays similar to Smith but he's just better at it and can improve what Smith has started. We wouldn't have to change our approach and type of signings. We have decided to go for the attacking football approach and we need to stick with it.

The idea that you have to play pragmatic football to survive in this league is non sense. Look at Brighton this season.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Pretty amazing HT team talk ... I reckon if he doesn’t get the Leipzig job he’ll go to someone like Dortmund. Would love to see more of this type of footage and would be great to see a smith team talk (out of interest ... ) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Pretty amazing HT team talk ... I reckon if he doesn’t get the Leipzig job he’ll go to someone like Dortmund. Would love to see more of this type of footage and would be great to see a smith team talk (out of interest ... ) 

He is managing in Austria ffs. Should be very getable.

But if we sack Smith i recon we will hire another uninspiring Championship coach.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

He is managing in Austria ffs. Should be very getable.

But if we sack Smith i recon we will hire another uninspiring Championship coach.

He could probably choose most European jobs that are available this summer with the plaudits Salzburg earned in the champs league this year. Dortmund have been linked to him. I'd be very surprised if he was wanting to jump ship of that growing reputation to come to villa where fans turn on you in an instant.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

He swears alot. And if I was a manager coach etc I would never ever let cameras in to the private areas. Red bull have a good record of picking up good players and developing them further.

15 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

He could probably choose most European jobs that are available this summer with the plaudits Salzburg earned in the champs league this year. Dortmund have been linked to him. I'd be very surprised if he was wanting to jump ship of that growing reputation to come to villa where fans turn on you in an instant.

Aston Villa is a step up from Salzburg. If he moves to the Bundesliga that's when he start becoming an unrealistic appointment.

But facts remain. He is still managing in Austria.

He is a young, up and coming manager who plays an attacking brand of football. He fits every bill. As i've said Marsch would be my first choice. I am not interested in Sean Dyche.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just watched this 2 or 3 times. Still trying to work out what he is saying half the time. Is it English? Austrian? German? A mix?

But, the English bits I can make out are, basically, him telling them to work harder. Have a bit more fight. I've had team talks more inspiring than what he says at local level. I don't get quite why it's such an 'amazing HT team talk' apart from the multi language thing. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Turn on you in an instant, Smith's had at least a whole season now 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Turn on you in an instant, Smith's had at least a whole season now 😂

Maybe you don't remember the poisonous atmosphere at the West Brom game last season. Even booing a player off

10 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Achieved an unexpected promotion, reached a cup final. Not too shabby.

Finishing 5th wasn't unexpected. We were 2 pts off 6th when he took over.

Promotion was always the objective. At least finishing in the top 6.

Fair play for beating Baggies and Derby in the play offs but with the squad we had it's hardly surprising.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Promotion was always the objective. At least finishing in the top 6.

Fair play for beating Baggies and Derby in the play offs but with the squad we had it's hardly surprising.

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Hasselhuttl took team to 2nd in Bundesliga. 18 months later he was taking over a premier league team in bottom 3.

I assume with Marsch though he's been told to bide his time at Salzburg as Nagalsmann will probably move from Leipzig in next 2-3 years so there's a ready made replacement.

45 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Achieved an unexpected promotion, reached a cup final. Not too shabby.

And has presided over an horrific Premier League campaign and on a current run of 2 points from 27. 

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nope. We were 15th in the table, 4 points off 6th.

4 points isn't a big gap to make up, but we were also on a run of 1 win in 9 games.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

4 points isn't a big gap to make up, but we were also on a run of 1 win in 9 games.

More lies used to have a go at Smith.

• Haha 1

If we stay up then Marco Rose, Jesse Marsch and perhaps even Poch could well be attainable. If/when  we go down the options decrease and am coming around to the idea it may be better to stick and then when in a stronger position look to replace Smith. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

was the easy games as well. Only Sheffield United and Bristol City that we played in them 11 games finished in the top 10.

Smith 1st 11 games we had all 3 relegated teams, blues, Boro, Derby, Leeds, Forest and Norwich

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Edited 1 hour ago by Davkaus

To say finishing 5th with that squad is overachieving is ridiculous.