Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Grealish, Mings and McGinn will go.  We might be able to keep the rest.

McGinn I'm not sure about, he's been pretty terrible since his good opening 10 games or so 

• Like 1

Obviously we'll spend to replace them, but I think this squad without those 3 players wouldn't be close to pushing for the playoffs. Our squad really is very poor.

Luiz will go too probs. He’ll go to Watford play for two seasons and get really good, then go to PSG for mega money.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

This next 45 mins is it. Really is. We'll get nothing off United, Liverpool and probably Arsenal as crap as they are. Newcastle are in holiday mode and we can't put em away.

A fine rallying call - or a typo !

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I am happy with it since the new season started :)

it's bound to hurt us shortly, we never end up on the overall benefit of something.  Expect something painful and you wont be disappointed.  Assuming 94 min goal for West Ham on last game of the season that sends us down instead of them and VAR gets it wrong! I'm always optimistic 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

Need a plan for this in the second half.

Spoiler, we will play exactly the same, concede, then perhaps make a like for like swap on the 70th minute. I reckon Davis for Samatta. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith put his sub choices in a sealed envelope before the match kicks off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is right, but to add it's not necessarily because they thought it was a red, they can review any incident the officials don't see.

I thought it could only be reviewed if it was a penalty, red card or something that led to a goal (or occurred in the lead up)

They can’t just check a random minor foul the ref hasn’t seen in the middle of the pitch?

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I think we will keep Mings and SJM. We will only lose Grealish plus others that we don’t want.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

The side we signed Trezeguet off are 13th in the Turkish league. Says a lot about our recruitment and our garden gnome sporting director.

Was signed because of the amount of followers he has, no way some one actually scouted him