• Grealish
    • Samatta (Davis 57)
    • Nakamba (Hourihane 70)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 70)
    • Jota (McGinn 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/20 at 17:00

I don't think i have felt so embarrassed watching a Villa team before. We made it so easy for an average Chelsea team. I said against Sheff Utd a better team than us would have beaten them too on Sunday...and I wouldn't class Newcastle as particularly much better than us but even they thumped them 3-0.

All the signs are we are gone sadly and i'm not sure if i can be troubled to watch any more of this dross to be quite honest. We have literally nothing & Grealish is already at Old Trafford clearly.

Disgraceful performance. I too turned it off at half time despite the robbery of us being 1-0 up as i knew we'd lose.

A very poor Villa Team

37 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The only one that needs a reality check is you, I'm sick of the excuses and especially the one you offered. There are teams above us with squads worth less than ours. We have the worst defence in the league for crying out loud.

I don’t need a reality check. I can accept we’re shit. Maybe you need to as well?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t need a reality check. I can accept we’re shit. Maybe you need to as well?

I have accepted it to, I never indicated otherwise. We are going down without a yelp, that is what is frustrating, other sides have far more grit about them than we do. We are a soft touch and that is on Smith and his team!

• Sad 2

Yep. We were absolutely dross today in all honesty. Can't disagree with anything anyone has written. This is not even a Chelsea team fighting for the title, yes they've got good players and are clearly better than us, but we just made it so easy for them to play around us. Both goals were a disgrace - the first McGinn just doesn't bother tracking Pulisic and the second OAP Giroud turns our defence inside out while Hourihane doesn't even bother to close down the shot effectively. Any time we got the ball we gave it away within 3 seconds, men behind the ball is sensible for a team in our position especially as our back 4 are useless, but there has to be a focal point when you get the ball and once again there wasn't today. Our retention of the ball is just horrible, even a midtable Championship team would be better at keeping it. 

And so we will probably need to rebuild again. Will we finally get it right this time, or will we once again sign the wrong players and continue to drift as a football club. I've just no confidence any more with Villa, but one thing is for sure: the entire management, staff and coaches all need replacing at season's end for doing such a terrible job this season. 

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have accepted it to, I never indicated otherwise. We are going down without a yelp, that is what is frustrating, other sides have far more grit about them than we do. We are a soft touch and that is on Smith and his team!

Sad but true.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People seem to forget how good teams like Chelsea are. They bought on a 50 million pound player at half time. They were able to bring on Tammy with 10 minutes to go.  Our fans need a reality check.

Arsenal are a much better team than Brighton too......you have to compete mate.....and that is not just running around idly, burning energy, its about making it difficult for opponents.

you cannot give away cheaply  the space we do and expect results.

If you are right, why did phil neville not mention it on MOD.....No he said the same as me, we give them too much space and furthermore, we have done it all season.

In actual fact our 2 best players McGinn & Jack was amongst the worst today.

I ask you a question? .....how many times was Jack fouled and How many times did we do the same to their best player......No we don't get anywhere near opponents.....Its just poor play and half soaked attitudes.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Its been on the cards for some time.....and the things that irk me the most, have been in evidence all season.

It seems like it needs a new approach.

Ps John Terry's face looked like thunder, totally expressionless and half hearted applause when we scored.......I smell a rat here, something is a foot IMO

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I don't think i have felt so embarrassed watching a Villa team before. We made it so easy for an average Chelsea team. I said against Sheff Utd a better team than us would have beaten them too on Sunday...and I wouldn't class Newcastle as particularly much better than us but even they thumped them 3-0.

All the signs are we are gone sadly and i'm not sure if i can be troubled to watch any more of this dross to be quite honest. We have literally nothing & Grealish is already at Old Trafford clearly.

Disgraceful performance. I too turned it off at half time despite the robbery of us being 1-0 up as i knew we'd lose.

A very poor Villa Team

Go and follow another team then this one is clearly not for yoU

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

El Ghazi seems to get away with murder. He’s consistently shocking. An absolute turd of a footballer. 

But let me guess, ‘he has it in him’. He doesn’t, he’s shite.

He was mostly awful in The Championship. Played well in that 10 game streak and the final but was mostly terrible for the preceeding 30 odd games.  Was worried when we bought him. 

Problem is when he comes off Trez comes on and is even worse. 

Need to find a way to play with no wingers which will almost certainly have to involve both strikers and probably Jota.  As someone said elsewhere these lockdown games are definitely being played at a slower pace so he might cope. 

Edited by sidcow

Southampton should be charged with fraud in regard to the Matt Targett deal. I think Steve Sims had more pace. 

Same with Konsa, I heard Smith say he was capable of international honours, not on any performances I've seen. His ball watching is unforgivable at this level.

A very poor Villa Team

You ever heard of the phrase, " through thick and thin " ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Our defence has been shocking all season, surely he's been part of that given his past.  Yes, Smith's team and we have other coaches but surely Terry has been working on the defence and that defence has been poor.  I'm not convinced Terry is the right person.

I don't know who is, but this team has a soft underbelly and that comes from the manager Imo

"Teams mirror their manager" Deans own words.

I see many things I am unhappy with in our play and irrespective of the personel or the formations, it remains the same, and it has done all season.

A very poor Villa Team

Oh come on.  Chelsea 8 Villa  0 anyone as a starter for ten? The whole of the 15/16 season in which we mustered 17 points for the entire season? The Bradford debacle? Losing at home to Barnsley midweek under Bruce's first season when we were treading water mid table in the championship? Plus about another 20 examples in the past 10 years?

Perspective please sir.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

El Ghazi seems to get away with murder. He’s consistently shocking. An absolute turd of a footballer. 

But let me guess, ‘he has it in him’. He doesn’t, he’s shite.

Just wondering if a better manger would get more out of him though.

Â