• Grealish
    • Samatta (Davis 57)
    • Nakamba (Hourihane 70)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 70)
    • Jota (McGinn 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/20 at 17:00

16 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

I wish someone would tell the lads that when the opposition put the ball out and possession turns over to us - we don’t have to just give it back!!

Been that was for years now mate. Think we're cursed. 

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Weak, shameful and pathetic, but depressingly predictable.

Weak in comparison to the opposition technically  but not shameful or pathetic, the players are not talented enough as a group but they work within their limits to try to achieve. It’s too easy to be dramatically critically.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Trezeguet for El Ghazi in the next game please.

Actually just bin him altogether please really don’t want to see him playing for us again.

Hourihane absolutely anonymous again but I got stick for saying that on Wednesday... Luiz was good in fairness and Ming’s and Hausw were solid.

Our undoing in every game is simply that our midfield is absolutely terrible and we have a manager who has no idea what he’s doing.

El Ghazi was our most threatening player in the first half.  Although I think he is better suited to impact play as Trezeguet is more energetic in his off the ball work.

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

constant hoof ball surrendering possession every time we had taken 15 mins to get the ball back, got nowhere near their goals and just doesn't inspire any confidence. He kicked several balls straight to their goal keeper. Maybe partly Dean's fault for telling him to keep kicking to nobody.

easy tactics against us mark Davies with three players, kick Grealish and attack down our left in numbers, pathetic and simple

Thought he played ok personally. Dont see what he could have done for either goal. 

If you think any player who kicked the ball to no one is terrible that would be most of the team today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

Weak in comparison to the opposition technically  but not shameful or pathetic, the players are not talented enough as a group but they work within their limits to try to achieve. It’s too easy to be dramatically critically.

I'm not being dramatic. That was a shameful and pathetic performance.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Our defence has been shocking all season, surely he's been part of that given his past.  Yes, Smith's team and we have other coaches but surely Terry has been working on the defence and that defence has been poor.  I'm not convinced Terry is the right person.

Couldn't agree more, but I'd prefer him to demonstrate that this season instead of us having to discover it in the champo, and who knows... Stevie G and Lampard are turning out ok.

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

We need to get the clubs attention that we're not happy.  This can't go on anymore.  All those promises after promotion were empty. 

Smith must be grateful for lockdown as nobody can throw cabbage at him!

• Haha 1

We look like a team ready to go back to our rightful place, The championship.

That is a championship team.

The sharp closing down of these top teams, we just can't cope with.....We can't create any momentum, we are not allowed to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

Couldn't agree more, but I'd prefer him to demonstrate that this season instead of us having to discover it in the champo, and who knows... Stevie G and Lampard are turning out ok.

I hate fashionable stuff, which again seems to be getting a young ex footballer who has never managed before.  Yes it's working for Stevie G (in a poor league so hard to judge) and Lampard in a good Chelsea team but is doing really well.  But there are others that dont make it as managers like Neville........at the same note I dont want a Pardew or Big Sam as they have had it.  I want the right manager whatever that is and despite what tag he has.  I dont think that is Terry.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

Gerrard is coming second in a one horse league. Smith beat Lampard at Wembley last year but Frank got the lottery ticket by taking over a top 6 side because he was a really good player for them in the past. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Routine loss. Bored of losing, we are not even entertaining as we do.  This team gives nothing back and isnt worth supporting.

Don't support them then  I will give them my full support win draw or lose!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Smells of the Remi Garde side. Powder puff at best. The amount of space Alonso and Azpilicueta had was disgusting. That's down to bad management, picking a terribly unbalanced side. He's out of his depth. A mid-table championship manager who had a good run last season.

Sadly, looking that way.

19 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

We have a great looking Championship side. Looking forward to next season.

I am not even that sure.....it still needs balancing.

I’ve been fully behind him, but I’ll say now that Dean Smith is putting his head in a noose. That was effing pathetic today, conceding every area of the pitch and refusing to change the shape at all. It’s halftime, we’re very luckily 1-0 ahead. That’s the time to change your shape and put players on to get close to Chelsea players in midfield, higher up the pitch. Specific instructions to tell Villa players to take certain Chelsea players out of the game. Alonso was allowed the freedom of Villa Park for the entire game, Cross after cross. Nobody went with Mount. We kept allowing Christenson to ping a long ball from inside his own half to Alonso on the left, time after time. An easy ball to stop happening if you choose to. I had some concerns earlier in the season but ended up getting fully behind the manager. But what I’ve seen today is unforgivable, given he’s had 3 months to analyse the mistakes of the previous 7 months. Enough is enough. Get rid of Terry, even if just for his embarrassing attempt at celebrating a goal against his beloved Chelsea. As for the manager, he’s repeated mistakes I didn’t think he would. I think he’s lost me today. 

• Like 3

Â