• Grealish
    • Samatta (Davis 57)
    • Nakamba (Hourihane 70)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 70)
    • Jota (McGinn 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/20 at 17:00

22 minutes ago, smg said:

If Grealish plays like that he won’t get a new club , total crap performance from him.

Knowing our luck he's probably already got a new club, who are telling him to take it easy

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Routine loss. Bored of losing, we are not even entertaining as we do.  This team gives nothing back and isnt worth supporting.

I think when the gates drop off and they will......a decision will be made.

this lockdown, will save him, in the short term.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

shock horror, we blew a lead, defended so deep we were almost on our own goal line, didnt defend until they got almost up to our 18 yard box, and just let them have all the possession and booted it up field like 12 year olds.

shock.

horror.

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

All the feel good vibes from this time last year has evaporated into one tiny iota of sweat now that represents the effort currently being put in by this squad 

damn im getting poetic with this now

The squad is not good enough it’s too easy to put this down to lack of effort, they will be knackered by the end but are not able to compete technically and therefore get overwhelmed 

• Like 1

I think El Ghazi is never going to come good.
McGinn playing even more minutes today when he looks done after 30 mins.
Jack seems like he's gone already.
No-one near Davis even when he can hold it up.
Bizarre. It needs a total rethink of formation shape and personnel.

But basically no fight and desire. Are the players that bought us up happy to know they've done enough to get a move away from the club so they don't care if we go down? I'm thinking Jack, Ming and Cheps. 

We should’ve got rid of Dean Smith after the Leicester loss... would’ve given a new manager 10 (or maybe less if they didn’t come in for a week or two) to try and turn things around. 
I like Dean and want him to do well, but the only thing that’s left to do is change manager... I can’t see another way to get any results.

• Like 1

One last chance and that is to win at Newcastle. If we fail then Smith has to change tactics.

Davis and Sammatta are decent big centre-fowards but they are isolated ...... nobody within ten yards of them. Whenever Chelsea held it up, there were players making runs either side. Time to play two up front and get the ball forward faster with midfielders backing up the strikers.

One of - preferably both - Grealish and McGinn have to find their games. Grealish doesn't look up for it, he's too quiet for a captain and he is sulking instead of rolling his sleeves up and leading the line as a captain should do. As for McGinn, I'm convinced our #7 is McGinn's chubby brother because he isn't running at all and McGinn without running is like a goalkeeper with no arms. We can't wait 7 or 8 games for McGinn to get fit - he either needs to find something or we use him as an impact sub who can hopefully come on and run the legs off the opposition for 15 minutes.   

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

Doomed to fail before we took to the pitch. Sitting deep and defending is well and good if you get in their faces, unsettle them, press like madmen but sitting deep and allowing them to pass and move at will is rolling over and waiting for the goals to come. 

One of the worst performances in a year of bad performance and just not acceptable. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Supported us home and away for over 50 years. Good and bad times, promotions and relegations . My first match we were in the old third division

But I had never seen performances where we just stand and watch (seen a few of them this season) Deadly Doug RIP would not have stood for this. Can any one tell me where any business would stand for their employers not giving  a shit or their managers not doing something about it. Even if our players ran around kicking the opposition up into the air it would mean they care.

For me it would be simple changes Smith out, Jack in the middle, Samatta on the wing,  and if players weren't prepared to get involved drop them (Oh not cant drop them, why not they are doing sod all on the pitch) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I think El Ghazi is never going to come good.
McGinn playing even more minutes today when he looks done after 30 mins.
Jack seems like he's gone already.
No-one near Davis even when he can hold it up.
Bizarre. It needs a total rethink of formation shape and personnel.

But basically no fight and desire. Are the players that bought us up happy to know they've done enough to get a move away from the club so they don't care if we go down? I'm thinking Jack, Ming and Cheps. 

I just think the gulf in class was massive. The crowd can sometimes give poor players a boost and now that has gone as well. It’s not looking good.  They were trying. It was just men against boys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just think the gulf in class was massive. The crowd can sometimes give poor players a boost and now that has gone as well. It’s not looking good.  They were trying. It was just men against boys.

Where's the fight? Where's the urgency? Are they happy just to move on at the end of the season while the club rebuilds again?

At least put in a challenge - was there one strong tackle from a Villa player today?

For me, no matter how much Sky etc try to hype it up, without the fans there it is just awful. I think with the Holte etc roaring them on today, we might just have scraped a point. As it is no fans etc , soulless. I wish they had just voided the season to be honest and waited until everything could have been as normal again. They could even have just picked this season up again next March . 

Doug Luiz has impressed me, Keinan is proving to be the next Heskey (but with more potential as age is on his side) but Jack and John are simply not at the races and nobody else is working hard enough to make us competitive.

We will never achieve our goal of survival unless we show grit and determination but both qualities are sadly lacking from the manager down and that's unforgivable given our league position. Reluctantly, Smith out...

Edited by Darth Villa
  • Like 2

Â