Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

We have done ok, surprised by that. Apart from Nyland getting away with that c*ck up we've looked fine at the back. That ball looked over the line and he's very lucky! We don't have any luck with GKs. Some fannying around by Mings and Targett at times when we've gone more direct we've looked better. Davis has held the ball up well.

For me Jack has been poor and needs to do better. I know he's been our best player this season but he's given the ball away a fw times and was doing the same before lockdown. McGinn also doesn't look as good as usual but has battled well. 

I really hope we can go on and win the game, we need to do moe going forward.

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Nyland back to usual. Bread and butter catch ffs. 

He caught it was knocked backwards by Davies when standing on one leg the other was behind him and off the ground

Just now, penguin said:

Nyland has unfortunately always looked like an accident waiting to happen. I wonder if someone forgot to turn the system on 🤣

It's like people have forgotten about last season and why we had to recall Steer.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Plan is still to not string any passes together in the final third but rather loft balls from our defensive third into areas.

Same plan we had for 6 months.

No finished product that is our problem when up field, we dont bury our chances.

Goodbye premier and hello championship.

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Hawkeye normally shows the decision and the overhead angle to show it clearly but it hasn't this time. They must have forgotten to turn it on. 

We will never know. They certainly will never admit that. Technical issues.

26 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Is there actually VAR in this game?

I’m sure basically every fan says it about their team but I swear we are disproportionately screwed by VAR. 

This did not age well

• Haha 3

What's that they are viewing the goal but not the first penalty decision, wtf.

If this bullsh!t happens I am done with football.

Just now, Dave-R said:

No finished product that is our problem when up field, we dont bury our chances.

Goodbye premier and hello championship.

We don't create any. Maybe 1 or 2 a game whilst giving up 6.

Admittedly we look a bit more solid but it is just turgid as usual