Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Crazy, first piece of luck with technology this season.  Definitely a goal but hope that spurs us on for victory.  Ok first half, generally ok defensively  and creating a couple chances going forwards without looking like we will score

I thought Smith had watched the entire season back, reviewed it and worked out a plan.

Is the plan to pick Konsa at right back?

Grealish still wasted out on the left (play your best CM in midfield), Hourihane still adding absolutely nothing from open play and Hause still being a complete donkey - cheers Deano

Def on Nyland that.  Should have caught it cleanly.  If he does, theres no contact with Davis.  Shocking keeping.

Davis possibly could do better at the other end, bit so could mcginn with his header.  El Ghazi should have had a pen, and hourihane could have done better with his chance.

Can't recall a chance for SU, and we've had 3.

Not saying we've been any good, but we've been better than them.

• Like 2

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Started off well and gradually got worse, grealish and el ghazi have done practically nothing and Hause is nowhere near good enough for this level of football but we ain't losing and could easily get all three points here! 

Ghazi has gone crap all season, had a good start.

Grealish has been very quiet, needs to turn it up.

It seems like everyone is missing today, players are AWOL, Officiating AWOL and VAR is so AWOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Enda Stevens is playing way better than he ever did for us.

Most players do when they get more than 10 minutes to prove themselves and are allowed more than one mistake on the pitch before being deemed to be crap

• Like 3

Just now, Cizzler said:

I thought Smith had watched the entire season back, reviewed it and worked out a plan.

Is the plan to pick Konsa at right back?

Grealish still wasted out on the left (play your best CM in midfield), Hourihane still adding absolutely nothing from open play and Hause still being a complete donkey - cheers Deano

That was a very good half.

Stop with the non sense. I'm supposed to be the negative one and i have to say i'm impressed with what i've seen.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Looks like normal service resumed here. Don't like to sound like a stick in the mud, but Smith has changed nothing about this team since lock down, so poor. Is Grealish even playing, where's the motivation??

sorry but Grealish is as culpable for this as any other, if not MORe than some.

Taking his sweet time with the ball and prancing around.

I count at least 3 times he could have released another player in an advanced position but just either casually waltzed with it before passing backwards/sideways.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ahh. Cheers. 

Why not? 

It’s just different technology. It’s Hawkeye and is usually flawless. It doesn’t require anyone to view the footage and make a call. It’s automatic. And it’s been in use for a long time before VAR

I think the explanation will be that it’s simply not working. 

Edit: they’ve just said on Sky that VAR could have overruled it.. so maybe it’s a bit of both!

Edited by Stevo985