Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, useless said:

From what I can gather in the first half of the season MK Dons had Peter Kioso on loan from Luton, but he's been recalled now, so Kesler-Hayden would be his replacement. Not much difference between top end of League One and most of the Championship, and at MK Dons probably guaranteed first team football more so than at some Championship clubs.

Yeah he'd be guaranteed game time and in a team pushing for promotion, they're 4 points off the top. Better off there than in a lower end Championship club. Plus it's much harder to get regular game time as a young defender than say a young CF. So League 1 a good option

Was an unused sub in MK Dons' 2-1 win yesterday.

They Play 3 at the back with wingbacks the same as Swindon so hopefully he'll slot in well there. (3-5-2 at MK Dons but 3-4-3 at Swindon). 

Seems like he's going to have to work to win his position there. Tennai Watson is their starter and #2 shirt. Is only 24 and an average rating of 6.7 so is playing pretty well when he plays. For Kesler to dethrone one of their actual own players who is going to start coming into their peak years is going to require him to be on his game. Fortunately Watson has only 14 starts this year and 7 sub appearances (29 games played by Dons) so appears he has had or has an issue with regular football, Kesler going to have to make the most of his opportunity when it comes to get that starting shirt.

Must have been some assurances for us to not send him back to Swindon.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Was an unused sub in MK Dons' 2-1 win yesterday.

They Play 3 at the back with wingbacks the same as Swindon so hopefully he'll slot in well there. (3-5-2 at MK Dons but 3-4-3 at Swindon). 

Seems like he's going to have to work to win his position there. Tennai Watson is their starter and #2 shirt. Is only 24 and an average rating of 6.7 so is playing pretty well when he plays. For Kesler to dethrone one of their actual own players who is going to start coming into their peak years is going to require him to be on his game. Fortunately Watson has only 14 starts this year and 7 sub appearances (29 games played by Dons) so appears he has had or has an issue with regular football, Kesler going to have to make the most of his opportunity when it comes to get that starting shirt.

Must have been some assurances for us to not send him back to Swindon.

I really dont understand  why we loaned him if he is liking to be cover at right back when he could have made great cover for cash

Chambers is better at cb than rb

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I really dont understand  why we loaned him if he is liking to be cover at right back when he could have made great cover for cash

But Chambers will be on bench for both positions. Kesler won’t. Although I agree why to send him somewhere where he’ll not start?

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

But Chambers will be on bench for both positions. Kesler won’t. Although I agree why to send him somewhere where he’ll not start?

I honestly have no idea why we didnt just leave him at Swindon.  Yes its league two but he was doing excellently.  Why unsettle him modway through season for his progression?

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why are people so convinced he is ready for the Premier League? He hasn’t even got a game in league one yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I honestly have no idea why we didnt just leave him at Swindon.  Yes its league two but he was doing excellently.  Why unsettle him modway through season for his progression?

I understand that, because we didn’t have RB cover after Axel got back. But after getting Chambers things changed.

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

chambers is a natural right back, converted to a CB.

Even the arsenal fans said he played better at right back than centre back.

So to be fair, he is a right back, or a centre back (and capable of DM if needed, if his Fulham loan is anything to go by)

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Who says we unsettled him? 

We brought him back, took a look at him, decided to send him out again to a higher level

All part of the process and we should trust it, we've put a good team of experienced heads together and this kid must be near the top of our talent list so we wouldn't do anything that wasn't carefully thought through 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Who says we unsettled him? 

We brought him back, took a look at him, decided to send him out again to a higher level

All part of the process and we should trust it, we've put a good team of experienced heads together and this kid must be near the top of our talent list so we wouldn't do anything that wasn't carefully thought through 

Well lets speak end of season and see if this move was worthwhile or the club cocked up and should have left kesler at Swindon 

These are quotes published on the official site today from our Academy Manager Mark Harrison...

'Once they’ve had half a season at a club and had that experience of a first loan, if they’re not getting sufficient game time then we can’t let that situation continue.'

Bearing that in mind, I doubt we've sent Kesler-Hayden to MK Dons without some sort of assurance that he's going to get game time, they will have convinced us that he's very much in their plans.

He's basically replaced Peter Kioso who was on loan from Luton and made eighteen appearances for them before being recalled by Luton in January, so there's obviously space for him in the team, was on the bench on Saturday but he's only just joined so wouldn't read too much into that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t get the hype.  Obviously hope I’m wrong about him.

The hype is, we've got a young player who we've given a 5 year contract to. I think it's the longest contract we've given to a youngster or certainly the longest we could possible give? Not sure, I just remember reading at the time it was unprecedented.

He's got a lot of potential and the club are backing him. I am a little surprised they cut the loan short. Personally, I think finishing the season with Swindon and then a loan move to a Championship club next season would have been a better way to go!

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t get the hype.  Obviously hope I’m wrong about him.

He continuously made Gabriel Jesus look like a prized clearing in the woods for 90 mins in a cup game for Swindon last month. He was the best player on the pitch for them and garnered rave review from the City fans. 

Along with the record contract, as others have mentioned, there's a perfectly good reason for the hype. 

• Like 2

Â