Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

12 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

We won't play the lad, we put a $20M price tag his head, which no-one is going to pay, and we'll let him leave at the end of season for free. I don't see how this is good business.

I don't see what other option we have. He clearly hasn't signed a contract that has been offered to him for almost a whole year. Why should we sink more resources, development, and playing time to a player who hasn't committed to us?

1. We obviously can't guarantee him the playing time he (probably) desires, as we already have a number of senior players who are ahead of him in the playing order.

2. If it's a money issue, i don't see where he has earned the wages that people are throwing about? 

and if he does leave next summer, iirc we are due a tribunal fee (though it likely won't be much)

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at his Instagram nearly every other posts is a thanks to god, gods plan, god guiding him etc.   

I have no problem with that but I’m telling you this lad is being massively influenced by somebody in the decisions he is making.  It feels a bit excessive for somebody so young. 

I can understand why he has been kept away from the rest of the squad. 

Sports agents should be banned from the game…

Players are big enough to sign their own contracts and agree their own sponsorship deals…

They shouldn’t need another grown adult who understands the nuances of contract law to whisper sweet nothings in their ear about leaving for another club…

10 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Sports agents should be banned from the game…

Players are big enough to sign their own contracts and agree their own sponsorship deals…

They shouldn’t need another grown adult who understands the nuances of contract law to whisper sweet nothings in their ear about leaving for another club…

I think the problem in this case is he hasn’t got a sports agent. If he had they might have been advising him differently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Then it really will be all about money cos there’s no way he’s getting near their starting 11’s any time soon.

We have no idea what he wants, money or game time, everyone is guessing. If Chelsea came in for him I doubt he’d say no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We have no idea what he wants, money or game time, everyone is guessing. If Chelsea came in for him I doubt he’d say no.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that if he joins Chelsea he won’t be going for the game time.

• Like 2

He had had plenty of premier league game time, more than a player of his age and ability could expect. Its just about the money and always has been. Which is fine. We can make it about the money as well.

If we are lucky we cab grab a few million for Anderson 2.0 here before he buggers off.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that if he joins Chelsea he won’t be going for the game time.

We’ll find out whenever he eventually does sign for someone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

This whole thing now has been rumbling on for so long that I wish someone would just come and buy the kid. He clearly doesn’t want to sign a new contract and for someone so young to have that attitude at the very beginning of his career rather than be grateful for what he’s got so far - this is not someone I want to be playing for my club and not someone anyone will really want to get behind. He’s not exactly gonna be a hero for our younger fans if he can’t show loyalty this young. Just my two pence worth. 

I completely agree. At 18 hardly started a premier league game, if you get a decent contract offer from your current established premier league club you sign it and carry on your development because the club clearly rate you and if they didn’t they wouldn’t waste money paying your wages. The attitude to the contract offer by him is one of a player who has played 50+ games preformed well and has a que of suitors at his door. He does not as far as I am aware so could potentially wast a year of what isn’t a very long career because he rates himself more than anyone else does.

• Like 1

Whilst not verified on Twitter, TheSecretScout has got many things correct in the past, particularly with youth players across Britain (including Villa players in the past).

Hopefully given that, it's ok to post the following - which I consider verification of what has already been rumoured.

Now whether this means to Barcelona with a view to join in January, or paying now, we will have to see.

I dare say if it's a summer signing, it might be a low-ish fee, but with a higher-than-usual sell-on.

Â