Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It is surprisingly OK for Villa fans to raid other teams for young talent but not when one wants to leave

it's not that he wants to leave. it's that we believe he's getting poor advice and that a lad that potentially could become a first team player for us is risking his career based on a dream that in the opinion of most, will not happen. hypothetically, if he joins barca, he'll hardly kick a ball for them and his career will suffer as a result

i appreciate that we might not necessarily know best all the time, but in this instance, with one of the greatest players of all time to play CC's position as manager, we believe he is better off staying for now.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's not that he wants to leave. it's that we believe he's getting poor advice and that a lad that potentially could become a first team player for us is risking his career based on a dream that in the opinion of most, will not happen. hypothetically, if he joins barca, he'll hardly kick a ball for them and his career will suffer as a result

i appreciate that we might not necessarily know best all the time, but in this instance, with one of the greatest players of all time to play CC's position as manager, we believe he is better off staying for now.

the current link is to Barcelona. Xavi was a superior player to Gerrard if thats the case and he wants to learn from him

I'm with the club. Not sure what more they can do, I've always seen villa as a very nurturing club as well, I'm sure he would be fully supported to grow with us. 

Carney has not shown anything outstanding in the minutes he's had so far and if he had, he'd have been a starter I'm sure. It's his life and choice where he goes from here (whilst he seemingly has a choice) 

The club has to do what's best for the greater good and look after those that are buying in.

• Like 3

I think he is off.

If Carney intended to sign that contract offered he would have been in OZ right now.

Gerrard is clearly pi**ed off with the situation.

He gave his end of the bargain with minutes ect and in return Carney & rep have not met their end of the bargain.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Gerrard leaving him back home suggests different.  What else can you take from that? If it was undecided then you’d believe Gerrard would have took him or at least not been so direct about the reason in the last interview today.  I think that’s as public as you’ll get.

Reluctantly I've come round to agreeing with this. Think today was the end of the road to be honest, unless Carney himself proactively decides he wants to stay, and since the media is full of stories of every massive club in Europe wanting him I just don't see him changing tack at this point.

Oh well, at least he helped us win some silverware.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly. We've show with Grealish and others. If Carney signed a contract extension and he progressed massively in next two seasons and wouldn't extend his contract we would sell him for a fee and we are both happy. He gets a big move at 21 and we get a fee that repays us for the 11 years invested in him. 

The plan to walk for free is pretty a cynical self serving attitude and down to the individual not how younger players in general act across football. 

Completey agree CV

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Timmy is hardly a great example since he walked out on West Brom last year to join Villa for a small fee

It is surprisingly OK for Villa fans to raid other teams for young talent but not when one wants to leave

Wba are a sinking ship you cant compare them to us. Timmys a good example as he has worked hard to get where he has been. Gerrard has rewarded him with his loyalty.

Gerrard gave him opportunities last year to show he believes in him and in most of the games he did very little but gerrard continued to give him minutes. Therfore in my opinion its more the player than the club

I personally dont think he is as good as purslow made out. Has big potential but thats all. How many times w eheard that before. I think if he signs for barcelona he will be sold within a couple years and his career goes down the pan. Probably best option if he were to leave go somewhere like dortmund

Edited by Demitri_C

If we proactively try to move him on this summer, could we get a fee for him?

I mean if there's a 0% chance of him staying, but there's a ton of clubs interested, then we might as well try to use that interest to get some cash in if we can. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean if there's a 0% chance of him staying, but there's a ton of clubs interested, then we might as well try to use that interest to get some cash in if we can. 

Absolutely. I reckon about 5mil with a significant sell on clause.

• Like 1

Chuk is a beast physically at junior level. Those players don't always step up when that advantage is lessened. 

He's obviously a talent but he certainly hasn't stood out to me yet like Jack did. Then again neither did Ramsey.

Que sera sera, I'd rather he stayed but if he doesn't fancy it it's really not worth being a distraction for any longer. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep we can get a fee. I think if we transfer for list him and ask for something like 10m with a sell on fee that suits all parties. Doubt we can get more than 10m for him unfortunately. 

But thats alot better than getting 325k that  we would be getting if he left next summer

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He came from Northampton to progress his career and he'll leave to progress his career whether that will happen who knows.

Would I sign a new deal at a club that has dropped an insane amount of money on Emi Coutinho and has played 2 strikers quite often?

No I wouldn't.

I'd go to a club and play. 

I doubt if he will get any more minutes in another PL club than he gets here. You must remember he is one of our `golden boys' and the club will be doing everything in it's power to help him fulfil his potential.

So whether it is PL or the continent he will be dropping the quality of club he is going to, unless one of the big clubs comes in for him, and it is doubtful, from what I have seen of him, that he will play regularly for any of them at this stage of his career .

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Luiz is acting like a proffesional who is undecided.

Carney is acting like he is a top class footballer already and is looking for the highest bid.

What specific act has Carney carried out that Luiz is innocent of?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I am with the club on this. Gives him a kick up the arse, let's him know that we will not allow him to block the progress of one of our other youngsters.

It will hopefully be a reality check for him. It would be disappointing to lose him before we are given a chance to see if he really is that good.

Â