Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why do I always read Greggs tweets like he’s gloating 

He loves drama the bell. Getting his stories from official Villa releases now.

Screeched loudly for Tammy and Grealish to leave and said they would be off well before they were.

If Carney isn't making pre-season, he won't be making the bench you have to think. If we sign another midfielder as is the strong talk, he'll have Sanson, Luiz and McGinn/Ramsey ahead of him currently.

I'd like him to sign a new deal because I think he will end up a good PL player. Fact is, he isn't right now so the club perhaps have offered him a deal that reflects that.

Right decision by Gerrard! - Carney got two options 

Option 1- Rot in the U21 side for a season, waste a year of his development
Option 2- Sign a new contract and be around the first team 

Its his choice

Brilliant from Gerrard. If you're not committed by signing a contract find a new club or train with u23s for the season before leaving next summer. 

It's also a warning shot to any other youth team players who get notions. If you think you are better than Villa then you will no longer be trained by Villa and you will sit out your remaining contract.

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Brilliant from Gerrard. If you're not committed by signing a contract find a new club or train with u23s for the season before leaving next summer. 

It's also a warning shot to any other youth team players who get notions. If you think you are better than Villa then you will no longer be trained by Villa and you will sit out your remaining contract.

Broadly speaking I commend the firm stance by Gerrard and the board. I just hope this is a wake up call for the lad. 

Just now, Mazrim said:

I'm gutted to hear this, but I completely understand the Club's stance.

I wish players could just play and not have their careers ruined by parasitic scumbags.
I still hope there's a moment of clarity in Carney's camp and they sign the contract, but we have a season to prepare for with players who are focussed so...

I don't think he will be off to Barcelona. 

I think it's that he wants to play. A few starts and some minutes off the bench I don't think we've truly said to him we see you playing a big part.

If he is a generational talent like they say (I don't know either way) he needs to go to a club that will give him 20 or 30 starts. He won't here.

Everyone up in arms when players young sign deals and sit on them...

This isnt a criticism, or at least not meant to be harsh, but I would suggest Purslow refrains from lionising our best youth players in future. These clearing in the woods agents just hear that and start seeing extra zeros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is SO annoying about this is he will go to Barca or Chelsea or Citeh or whatever with us earning this £560k pittance.  He will continue to develop a reputation but probably ultimately not break through into their first teams as a regular then get sold for £20m or so to an Everton or West Ham and have a decent Premier League career just earning a shit load of money for a team who already has a shit load of money and ultimately not advancing his career any more than if he'd stayed with us.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

When has he ever said he was bigger than Villa?

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

What is SO annoying about this is he will go to Barca or Chelsea or Citeh or whatever with us earning this £560k pittance.  He will continue to develop a reputation but probably ultimately not break through into their first teams as a regular then get sold for £20m or so to an Everton or West Ham and have a decent Premier League career just earning a shit load of money for a team who already has a shit load of money and ultimately not advancing his career any more than if he'd stayed with us.

We signed him from Northampton why should we get a huge development fee...did they?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yet to see evidence that Aaron and Tim are with the squad - Preece the bastion of correct info. 

I did see a photo of Archer, Aaron Ramsey and Bidace together yesterday. Can’t find it right now but will post if I do.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he will be off to Barcelona. 

I think it's that he wants to play. A few starts and some minutes off the bench I don't think we've truly said to him we see you playing a big part.

If he is a generational talent like they say (I don't know either way) he needs to go to a club that will give him 20 or 30 starts. He won't here.

Everyone up in arms when players young sign deals and sit on them...

I wish people would stop referring to him as a 'generational talent'

Messi and Ronaldo were generational talents, Chuk is a standout player in a good youth team, who may or may not go onto to be a great player.

• Like 2

I'm not totally against the decision to not include him in the pre-season tour just because he hasn't signed a contract. But i'm also not sure it's the right move or a good look for the club when trying to attract other young players. If anything all this will do is push him further out the door I feel. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I did see a photo of Archer, Aaron Ramsey and Bidace together yesterday. Can’t find it right now but will post if I do.

Fair - it just amuses me that Preece is just copying verbatim what Evans writes. It’s great experience for the lads who are made it over. 

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We signed him from Northampton why should we get a huge development fee...did they?

We got him to where he is.  Should Highgate United have got a fat development fee for Jack Grealish?

Edited by sidcow

Â