Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Champions League football for one of the biggest clubs in the world playing under probably the greatest central midfielder of all time

He is not going to anywhere near their starting 11, they will sign him for a token fee then they will probably loan him out. Billy big bollox. He is seriously deluded if he thinks he will in the 1st 11. As someone said let's sink the resources in the players that want to play for Aston Villa. 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bored of this

I'm sure it'll be resolved before end of the window. We'll sell him if he won't sign a new contract. I'm sure Dortmund are also interested if Barcelona are. Either way he's just a young player with potential atm. So what if he goes, it's not the end of the world

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tayls said:

I think tying down Azaz, Chrisene and I think there was one other who has extended their stay this summer as well, can’t remember who, is definitely a good move from the club. 
What I mean by typical scenario is that we seem to have these super special players who then decide not to stay with us. Crowley was one. Chukwuemeka looks like he will be another. In some ways I’d also put Grealish into there. He only had four proper playing seasons with us, I think it was. Villa lad that came through the ranks… decided to do one. Different in a few ways, but there a couple of parallels with the other two mentioned. 

There has to be other mega talents that have bailed on us over the years. 

Just woke up. New day new dawn and all that. I have a sneaking suspicion that we have kept the most important one of them all.  JJ.  As he gets older , injury permitting , he will be the attacking number 8 that gets us closer to where we need to be.  

I am not saying we will never lose him , but his ceiling is that high, his contract lasts till  summer of 2027, and our owners are that wealthy that only another british record transfer fee would possibly make us flinch . You can then add that he is a Villa fan and that his confidence is subdued rather than cocky. Total team player. 

Jacky boy paid for our academy for the next 10 years.  If Jacob ever goes he will do the same in my opinion.

Carney wants first team football and to be a starter.  He has to dislodge Jacob to do that.  With that thought in my head i am far calmer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sure it'll be resolved before end of the window. We'll sell him if he won't sign a new contract. I'm sure Dortmund are also interested if Barcelona are. Either way he's just a young player with potential atm. So what if he goes, it's not the end of the world

I hope so. Either the kid signs or we sell. I wont lose any sleep if he goes. Be disappointing to lose a big prospect with big potential but the grass isnt always greener as some youngsters find out e.g louie barry

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This is bringing the defeatist worst in villa fans 

Romano hasn't actually said anything special or even that interesting 

What he has done is very clever.  Keeps Augustinsson under his hat. A name that was on no-ones lips whatsoever. Announces it 24 hours before. Instantly gives credibility to anything he says to Villa fans. And then drops the Carney thing which gets all of Barcelona fans reading after seeing him excel in the Euros .  

• Like 1

On the face of it you can tell something is up when we have to sign his brother to a contract just to keep him on side. I hope he leaves and I hope he leaves quickly so we can focus on other youth players who want to be here.

Tbf, who isn’t interested in Carney? 

I’d imagine that every club in Europe wants to sign him. so he’s just shopping around… as anyone would. This doesn’t mean he hates the club, there’s plenty to suggest he’s fond of the club. 

So the real question is, what can Villa do to convince him to sign an extension? 

the two obvious answers are throw more money and give him more game time. As good as they are, they’re probably overly simplistic for his desires. 

what the boy probably wants is to know that his whole career is in safe hands.. he probably wants to be at a club that will develop him in to the best player possible and simultaneously (with his help) developing the club to being the best possible. All within a timeframe. 

Right now, Villa is a great club.. the owners and the board are making positive decisions and investments to club and the youth set up. But things ain’t 100% ideal for a player like Carney, particularly under Gerald…  Stevie wants ready made players now, because he wants (like we do)  success now.. signing new midfielders now only pushes Carney’s chances further back.

It’s a complicated situation to be in.. being at a club that’s nurturing you, but simultaneously making harder for you to break through. But that’s football, and it happens at most clubs. Succeed now, no time to wait.

So if I were in his position, with the whole world wanting to sign me. I’ll be looking for somewhere that’s pushing for the top and wants to do it with me in mind. Villa is a good prospect, but he needs convincing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tbf, who isn’t interested in Carney? 

I’d imagine that every club in Europe wants to sign him. so he’s just shopping around… as anyone would. This doesn’t mean he hates the club, there’s plenty to suggest he’s fond of the club. 

So the real question is, what can Villa do to convince him to sign an extension? 

the two obvious answers are throw more money and give him more game time. As good as they are, they’re probably overly simplistic for his desires. 

what the boy probably wants is to know that his whole career is in safe hands.. he probably wants to be at a club that will develop him in to the best player possible and simultaneously (with his help) developing the club to being the best possible. All within a timeframe. 

Right now, Villa is a great club.. the owners and the board are making positive decisions and investments to club and the youth set up. But things ain’t 100% ideal for a player like Carney, particularly under Gerald…  Stevie wants ready made players now, because he wants (like we do)  success now.. signing new midfielders now only pushes Carney’s chances further back.

It’s a complicated situation to be in.. being at a club that’s nurturing you, but simultaneously making harder for you to break through. But that’s football, and it happens at most clubs. Succeed now, no time to wait.

So if I were in his position, with the whole world wanting to sign me. I’ll be looking for somewhere that’s pushing for the top and wants to do it with me in mind. Villa is a good prospect, but he needs convincing. 

If it’s minutes he desires Dortmond probably the team for him.  

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it’s minutes he desires Dortmond probably the team for him.  

More like Anderlecht. He'd only get very limited minutes at Dortmund if any.

In a season or 2 he might get more if he continues to develop.

• Like 1

Think he is a talented player so would be good if he stayed, however we have such a good group of youngsters at the moment that its inevitable not all of them will be here in the future and I am more than happy with some of the other prospects and we obviously have great talent coming through in the younger age groups in addition to sourcing our own talent from other academies.

I can see him negotiating a move away in January, there are too many clubs interested at this stage and I think his head has probably been turned by some of the offers. He had a good showing at the under 19 euros and will want to keep his options open so not expecting him to sign.

This season we should focus our development efforts on Iroegbunam and Archer, with the aim of getting them to a position in which they are regularly contributing minutes in premier league games like we have done with Ramsey.

KKH/Azaz/Chrisene and im sure there are many other youngsters in the academy who we will want to try and develop further aswel

6 minutes ago, sne said:

He would earn far less if he went to Belgium. I guess its either Germany, staying with us, or going to another PL club.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

100% agree

I find it funny that dortmunds best youth prospect (and their best academy one for years) is currently having the exact same contract hold out with them because he thinks he doesn't get enough minutes 

Or chuks u19s team mate played 4 games last year for Dortmund compared to chuks 12 for us 

Yet villa fans still think dortmund is the place to go for youngsters, it's not, we play more youngsters than they do

• Like 1

Â